Sick, broke and single.

Redguitar35

Redguitar35

Well, I had just about the worse week ever and I've pretty much reached rock bottom:

Monday: Found out my uncle has terminal cancer, and probably has a year left.

Tuesday: I didn't get an offer for a job I interviewed for what I really wanted.

Wednesday: Got ghosted again on tinder

Thursday: Was turned down for a raise by my current employer, who's an incompetent idiot who only got her job because of personal connections.

Friday: Got a call from my doctor saying I have a life threatening bacterial infection that's going to require ten days of antibiotics to beat it.

After all this, I'm at home thinking about whether I should just toss the pills and let the infection run its course. I mean, this world seems to be trying awful hard to convince me it doesn't want me in it. So why not let it win?

Arieswoman

Redguitar,

Well you seem pretty fed up and I can't blame you.

However, with a week like that it can only get better :)

Let's break it down into bite-size pieces;

1. I'm sorry about your uncle. Sadly there is nothing we can do in cases like this. You need to accept that illness is part of life. Spend some time with him.

2. There will be other job offers. You probably didn't get that one for a reason that has nothing to do with you. Polish your Resume/CV and look out for the next one.

3. So some person you never met disappears on you. Since you never met them what does it matter?

4. See 2

5. That's pants. If you had a "life-threatening bacterial infection" you would be in hospital on a drip.

If you have a bacterial infection you're bound to feel low. So take the pills, take a couple of days off work and take time out.

IF you feel really depressed you can call the Samaritans (in UK) or speak to your doctor.

You can get through this.

• Like 6
thefooloftheyear

Prioritize your life...Forget about things(for now) that are reliant on others..like dating and jobs...Others can and often do, let you down...

Stick to your health issues and forget about those other things,...You can revisit later...

Stay focused on the things you can control...

I wish you well..

TFY

Well, I had just about the worse week ever and I've pretty much reached rock bottom:

Monday: Found out my uncle has terminal cancer, and probably has a year left.

Tuesday: I didn't get an offer for a job I interviewed for what I really wanted.

Wednesday: Got ghosted again on tinder

Thursday: Was turned down for a raise by my current employer, who's an incompetent idiot who only got her job because of personal connections.

Friday: Got a call from my doctor saying I have a life threatening bacterial infection that's going to require ten days of antibiotics to beat it.

After all this, I'm at home thinking about whether I should just toss the pills and let the infection run its course. I mean, this world seems to be trying awful hard to convince me it doesn't want me in it. So why not let it win?

Monday - Your uncle is having a week that is soooo much worse than yours! I wonder how he feels about what the world is trying to convince him of . . .

Tuesday - There are other jobs out there.

Wednesday - Tinder is a waste of time. Go out and live your life, get social, get out there and find a hobby, join a group/club.

Thursday - You have a job. Be happy for that.

Friday - Your Uncle has CANCER and only has a year to live.

Get a grip.

• Like 2

He's feeling sorry for HIMSELF. He is so worried about being ghosted on Tinder, when he should be worrying about the ghost he may meet a year from now.

• Like 1

For a guy who has declared multiple times that he's done with dating or retired from OLD, you're on those sites a lot more than I am.

Sorry about your uncle. I'm sure he is feeling just a little worse than you are right now.

• Like 2