Pretending you live somewhere while traveling for work

henderson14

henderson14

So I'm in Houston for 6 more weeks for work and have been using online dating just for fun, companionship, and possibly hooking up. I just tell women that I live here for good since they probably won't have much interest if I'm leaving in 6 weeks. I also figure I have nothing to lose because I NEVER find anything long term from dating sites. One issue could be if they want to come to my place and its a hotel or an AIR BnB. I kind of feel bad lying but oh well.

Anyone else ever hear of people doing to trying this?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Never say never. I have a friend who went on an OLD with a service man who only had 6 more weeks in that city/state. They were married just a few months later and have lived in two other states since then. And had two kids.

So you come on here and tell a bunch of women you're online lying to us to get laid. What do you want? Our approval?

• Like 7
  • Author
henderson14
So you come on here and tell a bunch of women you're online lying to us to get laid. What do you want? Our approval?

Would you mind quoting the sentence you are referring to? Thanks.

So I'm in Houston for 6 more weeks for work and have been using online dating just for fun, companionship, and possibly hooking up. I just tell women that I live here for good since they probably won't have much interest if I'm leaving in 6 weeks. I also figure I have nothing to lose because I NEVER find anything long term from dating sites. One issue could be if they want to come to my place and its a hotel or an AIR BnB. I kind of feel bad lying but oh well.

You are online for fun and hook-up, your words.

You know most women want stable relationships and not just visiting a guy in his hotel once in a while so you lie to them about your situation.

You don't call that lying?

What do you tell these women? You want fun and hook ups? if you do then what's the problem with telling them you're in a hotel?

• Like 4
CautiouslyOptimistic

You know most women want stable relationships and not just visiting a guy in his hotel once in a while so you lie to them about your situation.

What do you tell these women? You want fun and hook ups? if you do then what's the problem with telling them you're in a hotel?

Ha! He did say it was lying. "I kindof feel bad lying but oh well."

Whatever, dude. Sorry you have to lie to get dates :(.

• Like 4
  • Author
henderson14

Exactly. You left out my other two reasons. Fun does not = sex. Hooking up does not = sex either.

Exactly. You left out my other two reasons. Fun does not = sex. Hooking up does not = sex either.

haha ok, good luck with this thread.

Wait, what? "Hooking up does not = sex"???? I guess I need to get a dictionary of terms.

"Sleeping with" = taking a nap, right?

"Horizontal bop" = An aerobic, non-sexual dance.

"Bumping uglies" = Smashing warthog faces together.

"Riding the bologna pony" = A ride for the kids at the carnival sponsored by Oscar Meyer.

"Porking" - A festival for lovers of bacon, ham, pork chops, etc.

I could go on and on. What fun!

• Like 5

So you're lying, which means none of those women is going to like you once they figure it out. Seems to me there's nothing wrong with just telling them you are away more than you are home and that you are regularly in town for weeks at a time.

No. I tend to not associate with deceitful liars.

I stopped pretending by 6th grade.

Edited by kendahke
Shining One
Yes. One of the former sales executives at our company used to do this while visiting potential clients across the US. He used Match and kept changing his location to the city he was planning to visit. Lets just say he left very detailed records of his exploits on his company laptop.
Yes. One of the former sales executives at our company used to do this while visiting potential clients across the US. He used Match and kept changing his location to the city he was planning to visit. Lets just say he left very detailed records of his exploits on his company laptop.

I used to work trade shows for my company, and I have little doubt that this is a common practice. For some reason many people believe that hardly anything or anybody is off-limits when they are away from home.

Using OLD for these purposes sounds very plausible.

• Like 1
I used to work trade shows for my company, and I have little doubt that this is a common practice. For some reason many people believe that hardly anything or anybody is off-limits when they are away from home.

Using OLD for these purposes sounds very plausible.

Yeah I am pretty sure I have fallen for this a few times and I was (and still am) annoyed by the complete waste of my time. I understand not everyone will work out, but the lying is low and what makes me take pause these days.

• Like 1