Wants me to be his girlfriend after 3 hours??

Katz123

So I met this guy on OLD and we went out 3 times, the first date he left after 45 min. Second date he left after an hour because he had an "emergency with his dog" and the third one he left after an hour but didn't give a reason why he had to leave. I do like him, seems like a nice guy. However on the dates he barely asks me any questions about myself. I usually have to ask him questions to carry on a conversation. Well today he texted me asking if I want to be his girlfriend. I replied I do like you, but I don't think we're there yet. He said okay he rather me be honest. Is it normal for him to want to be in a relationship with me after 3 hours? I feel like I barely know him!

• Like 1

He sounds like he's a bit lacking in understanding social norms. And I would guess quite inexperienced. Do you know if he's had a girlfriend before?

• Like 1
  • Author
He sounds like he's a bit lacking in understanding social norms. And I would guess quite inexperienced. Do you know if he's had a girlfriend before?

He says he's been engaged before

I believe this will work it's way out in it's own time, in it's own way...

You like him....and he likes you. More conversations will follow...and the answer to your questions....and his....will become more apparent.

I wouldn't worry about scaring him off. If you do....that's how it worked itself out. ....for the best....if you let it...

Personally...it would freak me out somewhat....but that's me...and I'm not you...and I'm not there....

• Author
I believe this will work it's way out in it's own time, in it's own way...

You like him....and he likes you. More conversations will follow...and the answer to your questions....and his....will become more apparent.

I wouldn't worry about scaring him off. If you do....that's how it worked itself out. ....for the best....if you let it...

Personally...it would freak me out somewhat....but that's me...and I'm not you...and I'm not there....

Thanks for your reply. I'm not afraid of scaring him off. Why would it freak you out?

If I really really liked the guy, I would do it. No problem. If I wasn't sure about him, I'd hold off.

ExpatInItaly

No, that request would not sit well with me.

He is virtually a stranger and wants to be in a relationship already? Yeah, no. You barely know him. I am very skeptical of people who rush like this, because it's generally not a good sign.

How old is he? What is his relationship history?

• Like 1
He says he's been engaged before

Wow. I had guessed he was a teenager.

Part of me thinks that he's just a shy guy without much experience. The other part worries that he's a nut job and might stalk you.

Perhaps give it another week or two and see if any more red flags rise up.

• Like 2
  • Author
If I really really liked the guy, I would do it. No problem. If I wasn't sure about him, I'd hold off.

I do like him, I wouldn't say really really like him because I have only spent 3 hours with him.

• Author
No, that request would not sit well with me.

He is virtually a stranger and wants to be in a relationship already? Yeah, no. You barely know him. I am very skeptical of people who rush like this, because it's generally not a good sign.

How old is he? What is his relationship history?

Exactly, he seems like a stranger to me. He's 25 and he said he has been engaged before. I do like him and it's not easy for me to find mutual interest with someone, just bummed out about him potentially being a needy stalker.

You already said no. I just don't understand why you are still questioning....

If you want to write him off, just dump him and never speak to him again.

• Author
Wow. I had guessed he was a teenager.

Part of me thinks that he's just a shy guy without much experience. The other part worries that he's a nut job and might stalk you.

Perhaps give it another week or two and see if any more red flags rise up.

He's 25. Exactly, like if he's shy and inexperienced I could handle that, but I am worried he may be a stalker. He hasn't shown any other stalker signs. He only spends an hour on dates and doesn't really ask me anything on dates. We haven't talked on the phone, just texted. He seems normal when we're out, however again only been 3 one hour dates. I just don't know why he asked me to be his girlfriend so soon, it seems ridiculous.

• Author
You already said no. I just don't understand why you are still questioning....

If you want to write him off, just dump him and never speak to him again.

Well I told him I don't think we're there yet. I do like him and it's not easy for me to find mutual interest. I just can't decide if this is dealbreaking. Would any of you still date him or just dump him because he asked this so soon? Like on dates he seems cool and normal. He did write in the text he couldn't bring himself to ask this question in person, that's why he texted it today.

Why do you say that?

Believe it or not, some people don't like wasting time. They are decisive. They don't hum and haw.

Plus, men like to lock it down so they don't have to worry about other men coming in. GF and BF doesn't mean marriage either.

If you don't want to be with him, he likely will accept your decision and not stalk you (especially after only 3 hours).

• Author
Believe it or not, some people don't like wasting time. They are decisive. They don't hum and haw.

Plus, men like to lock it down so they don't have to worry about other men coming in.

I understand what your saying. However it still seems too soon. 3 hours and now he wants to be in a relationship? The dates were okay, but it's not like it was love at first site.

I understand what your saying. However it still seems too soon. 3 hours and now he wants to be in a relationship? The dates were okay, but it's not like it was love at first site.

I understand that you're not feeling a strong attraction to him, but you like the level of attention he's giving you.

He may keep doing it and go along with it in the hopes that he grows on you. It just depends on the guy and how experienced he is in the game.

You will have to just wait and see. But don't call him a stalker if he does go along with it. :rolleyes:

No I like him, just why did he have to ask me to be his gf already

To lock it down.

And to take himself off the market. (it's tiring)