Conversation with ex - reading between the lines?

Hi :)

My ex and I have always had an on-off relationship due to unfortunate external factors (sudden major deaths in the family, addiction, mental illness, etc.) Thankfully through all of that, our love has never seemed to lessen and we have always found our way back to each other after periods apart.

We reconnected a few months ago, though not to be necessarily romantic as we are both still sorting through certain things. I think it's most important for us to just have each other back in our lives for the time being.

When we saw each other the first time again we met up and had a very emotional and honest conversation about our relationship (all good things) and ended up having sex.

We haven't seen each other much since so I recently asked her if she regretted coming back into my life (since it was her choice and I always want her to be comfortable) and she told me that she has been struggling with herself so she can't promise me anything for right now (which I know to be true), but that seeing me is never a mistake and she doesn't regret anything that happened between us when we saw each other, meaning being intimate and having the conversation that we had. She said that we'd see each other and talk soon.

Given her response, do you think we still stand a chance romantically again eventually? I'm not sure if you would say those things to someone you view just as a friend.

I am speaking to other people of course since we are not currently officially together, but don't want to waste my time regardless :o

• Like 1

To me her answer indicates a *no*

As for you, you need to let go of her permanently. Couples that really love each other do not split each time the going gets tough, they go through it all together. If the difficulties are too big to be overcomed together that is because you are not a good fit as a couple.

A relationship that is *on and off* is not a good relationship and nothing to be cherished.