What's My Next Move?

dazedandconfused2017

dazedandconfused2017

I recently met a woman at my local gym who I like very much. We are both Fitness Fanatics, in fact she is in the final weeks of preparing for a bodybuilding bikini competition. Up until a couple weeks ago, we would spend quite a bit of time talking in between our sets. We also have a lot in common. We are also both single parents, and because our children are on summer vacation now we don't see each other at the gym as often as we did before. In addition, as she has gotten closer to her competition I've noticed a slight change in her personality. She isn't quite as engaged, a little less chatty, and doesn't frequent the gym as much during our regular hours since she is home taking care of the kids.

I am just at the point where I would like to ask her out, but I feel like now might be a bad time. I'm not sure how to interpret her change in personality, whether it's from the stress of her upcoming competition and having the children home with her, or if there may be a shift in her interest in me. Do you think I need to hang back and play it cool until her life settles down?

Can you attend the competition? I'd tell her rather than just show up.

If it's like any other performance & you can bring flowers, do so. Nothing elaborate. No roses. A small bouquet from the grocery store.

A few days after it's over, then you can ask her out, when it's behind her. She's focused right now. Don't interrupt her process.