Should I text again?

Blobfather

So I went on a date with a girl. I texted her the next day saying it would nice to see her again on the weekend. She responded the next day saying she was working on the weekend but said she would be able to do next week and that it would be better because the weather should be nice. She asked me whether I would like to meet in the day or evening. So I responded back saying I would like to meet in the day next week and to let me know which days she is free.

She read the text and hasn't replied. I'm a bit confused why she is taking so long to text back. Should I text her again with details about what I would like to do?

Give it another 24 hours, then offer specifics. If you don't get a response to that, assume you will never hear from her again, sorry.

• Like 3
scooby-philly

When I've been active on the dating scene I always went by the 3 options rule that I developed on my own.

If the person does not show immediate interest after one of the first couple of dates (5) about hanging out again - even if they're busy and say yes wildly but maybe tough for a week or two - then give them a week and the present 3 options - that vary by time of day and activity and location. I work a normal office job - so I tended to use that about a weekend - like say - we can go out for drinks or food or a movie Friday or Saturday (option 1), we can go grab lunch and take a walk or a hike or something Saturday early afternoon or Sunday (option 2) or we can meet for brunch somewhere on Saturday or SUnday morning. (Option 3). That covers all times of day, different days, and different activities. But you can adopt for your schedule and hers - give her 3 options spread out and if she doesn't firmly commit to one or says something to the affect "I'd love to but..." and doesn't offer a counter proposal - move on. Either she's clueless about reciprocating offers or she's not interested.

• Like 2

I'm sure she will get back to ya later in the week....maybe she is waiting to see if her work schedule changes.

staggerlee71

agree with smackie here. she is waiting to see her availability on her end. don't panic

follow scoobs advice. always be specific and give options

• Like 2

Text asking for a specific day and what to do. Since her last text basically encouraged you to ask her out next week, then text her about 3 days before when you want to go out and get specific. I don't think she'd have gone on about the weather if she didn't want to reschedule.

Maybe I'm old school but, I think the gentleman shows her a good time. Take her places. Of course she will have ideas and choices, but initially, you lead. Eg. "I know of a nice little restaurant...", "There's a show/game on...", "have you been to the xyz nature reserve?"