Okay to ask someone on a date via email?

whitewolf80

whitewolf80

I got a tattoo the other day. During the emails and consultation I wasn’t really attracted to her. But after my tattoo session, I think have a crush on her now. Getting tattooed I got to see more of her personalityand her awesome playlist, etc. It’s been a few days and I want to ask her out but I’ve only emailed with her. Is it okay to ask her out via email? Like hey, I was just wondering if I could takeyou out on a date sometime.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I know some will disagree, but as a woman, I would not have a problem with this given what you've described. Good luck!

• Like 2
TheAntiHero

Just do it.

Are we acting as if emails are stonage or something?

Society cracks me up, so many "rules" we think we have to follow.

• Like 1
SunnyWeather

meh, I'm not feeling it- an email would be so impersonal. Why not stop back at the tattoo place and say hello to gauge if she's interested. If the vibe is there, ask her out for a drink or to somewhere you both like/have in common.

• Like 1
I got a tattoo the other day. During the emails and consultation I wasn’t really attracted to her. But after my tattoo session, I think have a crush on her now. Getting tattooed I got to see more of her personalityand her awesome playlist, etc. It’s been a few days and I want to ask her out but I’ve only emailed with her. Is it okay to ask her out via email? Like hey, I was just wondering if I could takeyou out on a date sometime.

Do it!

Popsicle

Versacehottie
meh, I'm not feeling it- an email would be so impersonal. Why not stop back at the tattoo place and say hello to gauge if she's interested. If the vibe is there, ask her out for a drink or to somewhere you both like/have in common.

I agree. I don't think it's the worst in the world but it's a little um cowardly kinda. or low investment with actually not much from her side to go on, such as is she single? I think you could either email her something to keep the conversation that you had from the tattoo day going (about music or whatever) and see how she reacts or stop by to say hi (though depending on her customer situation that could be tough). Basically I think it'd be better to have a little build up and a gauge--unless you are sure she'd welcome being asked out by you. Sometimes, if caught off guard, some girls just say "no" as a knee jerk reaction because they've never even wondered for a second about you. If you email a couple of times, she will wonder. That said, you could just go for it if that's your style--if she already is interested it won't affect the outcome (how you ask). Good luck

• Like 1
todreaminblue

i think its fine for a first time ask.....not though to make a habit of it but as a first time i think its ok...deb

Absolutely 100% YES.

In fact, definitely do it over email and don't try to show up and ask her.

The key is smoothness and keeping it natural and casual.

If you have a convo going over email then continue in that convo and slip it in. You don't even have to say "want to go on a date?". Just say something like "what are u doing this weekend? hey want to grab drinks friday night?"

You show up in person to ask her, and it'll be coming on too strong. Now if you were having a nice convo in person then by all means ask then. But no need to complicate and show in person or call to ask just for the sake of not doing over email.

Real life dating and romance doesn't require stupid rules.

• Like 1