Why is he acting jealous when we aren't together?

Raven_Vixen

Raven_Vixen

I'm 21 and he's 26. I've known him for roughly 2 years now and we've slept together twice in those 2 years. Right at the start we talked and hung around each other quite abit. We hooked up and slept together. I'll be honest and admit that I did want a relationship,however he didn't want anything more. I respected that and moved on with someone else at time. The second time we slept together was 2 months ago. However sleeping with him the second time was alot different. I guess you could say it was alot more intimate than the first time we slept together. The first was more of a f__,nothing more nothing less. The second time was more intimate. We both felt like there was something there and it felt amazing. There was loads of cuddling and kissing and all of that jazz. I honestly felt good and he told me he felt good about it.

I guess the thing that is bothering me is some of the comments he makes regarding my male friends. He follows me on snapchat and instagram so its pretty clear he sees what I get up to on a Friday and Saturday night. Before i went and visited him,he's made a few comments regarding a few male friends of mine. Saying things like "I'm very jealous that they get to hang with you" , "I'm jealous that he's going to get sex tonight" "oh who's that you're hanging with", "is that your boyfriend?" etc etc. I hit him up about it asking why he's jealous and he said that he wasn't "jealous jealous". I've mentioned a few times that a certain male friend isn't my boyfriend nor am I sleeping with him. When I saw him he asked me about my dating life and if it was going well and such. I replied that I was seeing a guy awhile back but it didn't become anything as he wasn't really my type. He asked about what I find attractive and so I told him. His reply was the usual "oh I'm a chunky guy and I don't go to the gym. I like __ and __. You need a man not a boy". With him saying that he's jealous of me having male friends, it makes me feel as tho he thinks I sleep around, especially with them. He hasn't said that to me, but it's something that I've thought. He also gets weird when I bring up a male friend in a conversation. "Oh who's that, how do you know him?" Some of these guys are actually gay, and I can tell he's relieved when I mention this.

Is this guy interested or is he insecure or territorial ? We are not together so I feel like I shouldn't have to justify myself over some things.

Are you interested? Them why Make him feel This way -insecurity?- dont you inderstand his feelings? How would you feel him mentioning other girls?

Next time he acts like this, I'd ask him straight up: "You made it clear that you didn't want a relationship with me, so what's up with the jealous thing?"

• Like 2

You don't have to justify yourself. If he makes such comments again, tell him that it is inappropriate