LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Work dilemma, driving me insane

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 12th June 2017, 5:08 PM   #1

Unhappy Work dilemma, driving me insane

e
Hi everyone ☺ so I'm in a terribly exhausting situation. I started a new job about 4 months ago and I've totally fallen in love with a guy that sits nearby in the office. I've fancied him since I first started, and everyone knows except him. I've only recently started talking to him on a daily basis, we're quite friendly now but I'm too afraid to say anything about how I feel. If I say something, he might say he doesn't feel the same way. Then everyday I'll have to face him and it would be so awkward. But I'm so tired of dreaming about him only for it all to be in my head. I was too shy to talk to him on the work night out. What do I do?!? Thank you everyone ☺
LucyLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 11:14 PM   #2
Established Member

OK, so you've checked that he's not already in a relationship, you've checked that he's not gay, you've checked that he hasn't just broken up with the love of his life, right? Has he shown a reciprocal interest? A bit of advice I would give is refrain from telling people you work with about stuff like feelings, your personal relationships, etc. Work is work, personal is personal and the two should not be blended together unless you're close friends with a work colleague and know you can trust them not to blab. Office romances aren't a good idea because of the potential ramifications, (the discomfort of having to work with someone who you have broken up with, or worse....having gossip and rumours about you circulated among co-workers), but if you're both mature enough to keep it outside of work then go for it.
One more piece of advice; You say you went on a night out with work colleagues. My view is that if he was interested in you then then he would probably have let you know somehow, especially after 4 months of working together.
MsJayne is offline   Reply With Quote