Message guy year on who rejected me?

Sara1989

A year ago i went on an date with a guy where due to my nerves i acted like a idiot. I broke all the rules of the first date. I talked about my ex, I made judgmental comments and came across as a snob.

After the date I texted him which he ignored. Anyway, year on I came across his profile...I am so tempted to message him as I know the girl he met that day was not me.

What do you guys think? if i did I dont know if i should even acknowledge the fact we had a date and just say hi or...

PegNosePete

Well, you've got nothing to lose so why not? The worst that can happen is you get no response.

It's a bit tricky how to go about it though. If you acknowledge that you already met then you seem a bit creepy, like you've been following/obsessing all that time. If you don't then he will probably remember you and think OMG that chick she is crazy / weird / judgemental / snob.

I guess the best way would be to say you just came across his profile again and thought you would say hi, and apologise for being crazy / weird / judgemental / snob back then. If he replies, take it form there, If not, move on.

You won't know until you try but I doubt he's going to take the bait.

If this has any hope of working, your message needs to include an explanation & apology for the last time. Something like:

Hi remember me? You probably can't forget. I really put my foot in my mouth last time. I'
m
not really that judgmental whacky person I seemed to be when we went out last year. I was really nervous & it call came out wrong. I've had time to think & I'
m
sorry. Any chance you'll give me a second chance to make a better first impression? My treat.

If you can reference something good about the date, compliment him on something he said or did, that would be helpful. I do think you have to be the bold initiator here, which includes paying if there is any hope that he'll take you up on it.

Best wishes.

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Most guys will view it as you are desperate, and either blow you off again, or maybe use you for sex....

You prepared for that??

And really, maybe he just wasn't attracted and it had nothing to do with how you think you acted...?? He ignored you completely, so that reality is certainly possible...

If you want to, then go ahead, but realize the potential pitfalls..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 4
OnlyHonesty

It feels like a lot of peoples minds have a routine in it, that tries it's best to come up with bad ideas all of the time...

He's not interested. It's been a year and he hasn't texted you even once since. (Plus he ignored you) Sorry, but you probably haven't been on his mind at all after that date.

I'm sure there are some guys you dated who you never think about anymore, and it would be kinda awkward if they contacted you. (Think about how you would feel in a situation like that)

I guess you could try, but be prepared to be ignored again. I think it only works if there was a strong connection, but it just didn't happen for some reason. Probably best to move on and find a new guy

Try it, you have nothing to lose. You're not emotionally invested that it will break your heart if he rejects you.

My friend messaged a girl on a dating app, she ignored him. A year later he tried again. Now they're married.

Eternal Sunshine

Most gyys will overlook a lot for a woman they are very attracted to. If he felt something, he would have been in contact. He is not interested.

• Like 3
He's not interested. It's been a year and he hasn't texted you even once since. (Plus he ignored you) Sorry, but you probably haven't been on his mind at all after that date.

Most gyys will overlook a lot for a woman they are very attracted to. If he felt something, he would have been in contact. He is not interested.

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that he isn't interested and she hasn't been on his mind, at the moment.

That doesn't mean that if she messages him, and he decides to give her a shot, that he will not develop interest ever.

And if he rejects her, no big deal. There's nothing to lose.

OP, you should definitely message him. The question is what is the best thing to say to him to get his attention. As a man I would appreciate confidence and authenticity. So if you really feel you messed up badly, tell him that and be confident about it as if you know what you want.

But you know the situation best, so only you can decide what exactly to say to him. But as far as whether or not to message him, the answer is a absolute YES!

whos knows you may get another chance its been a long time if his still single he may see where things go . its got nothing to do with not being interested he would just made sure he didn't invest in you as he would known it would been a waste of time , if some girl kept talking to me about her ex i would ran for the hills aswell

A year ago i went on an date with a guy where due to my nerves i acted like a idiot. I broke all the rules of the first date. I talked about my ex, I made judgmental comments and came across as a snob.

After the date I texted him which he ignored. Anyway, year on I came across his profile...I am so tempted to message him as I know the girl he met that day was not me.

What do you guys think? if i did I dont know if i should even acknowledge the fact we had a date and just say hi or...

What rules do you think you broke?