Why does/did my girlfriend paraded me around in front of her friends/coworkers?

Skullcrusher

Skullcrusher

I'm the type of guy that likes to date a girl for a month before I introduce her to my friends, and when I do I do it maybe once or twice a month.

This girlfriend when I started dating her , almost every single week for the past 7 months we always seem to bump into her friends. Or if I plan an event, she tells her friends to come along without me knowing, it's the same for dinner.

Or if she talks about going out on the weekend, almost every week I get to (you guessed it) meet her friends or coworkers. My friend has told me that she is basically parading me around in front of her friends and asked if the conversations with her suck - I tell my friend Yep the convos do suck. He told me I'm somewhat of a "status" boyfriend - she's not in love with me but is in love with idea of a relationship and wants to keep me around because to her friends and others she appears normal. As usual if the conversations suck, usually the sex sucks and with her, the sex isn't any good.

What do I think? I don't give a **** what my friends think of me if I have a girlfriend or not. And I do hang out with friends while I'm with her, but at a frequency of maybe once or twice a month.. Not every single freaking week!

What's her deal?

Wait..

The conversations with her suck..

The sex with her sucks..

She invites her Friends to join the 2 of you on your dates without your consent or knowledge..

AND You're still dating her? :confused:

laRubiaBonita

maybe she is proud of you. it happens when you love someone.

plus~ girls love to be with someone and let everyone know. some people feel like failures unless they have a SO to validate themselves. it is like showing off new expensive shoes and hoping to make other envious.

Illusion24

The deal is man...she doesn't want to be alone with you. Either she likes you a lot or she sees you as a friend and that's why you're always around "with" friends.

I'm sorry, I guy that I'm totally into and want to date, will only be spending time with me. Occasionally yes it's nice to go out in a group, we all need that, but not every f***ing time...That's just not intimate at all.

How old is this chick?? If the sexs sucks, you're always with "her"friends, and the convo's suck with her, why are you with her??? Don't settle, you might be wasting your time. Move on and find someone who's going to make you happy in every aspect not just see you as a figure.."boyfriend"!!

• Author
Skullcrusher

The funny thing is, I started having doubts about the relationship 1-2 months after dating for the above reasons. I kept dating her because she paid attention to me and responded to me as I wanted from a girlfriend. The problem was that the conversations didn't click, the sex as kinda flat, and her lifestyle is different.