Haven't heard from boyfriend for over 2 days?

LotusAvx

I highly doubt that he is just breaking up with me or not talking to me because he is cheating or something. Here is a brief back story. We have known each other for a few months and had many great dates together. About a month ago we decided to be exclusive, and he asked me to be his girlfriend.

The other night he called me to see how my night was going and to confirm our plans for the weekend. After about a 20 minute conversation on the phone, he had to go as a friend was there to pick him up, and he said he would call me back in 10 minutes. He never called back and I didn't think anything of it until he wasn't answering my texts. Then I tried to call and the phone just rang until it went to voicemail. After trying to call yesterday, the phone is now going straight to voicemail meaning it probably died. He also hasn't been on social media at all since I last talked to him.

I am really worried something happened. I know people need their space and don't need to be in constant communication all the time, but it is very unusual for me to not hear from him at all. Like I said, it is highly doubtful that he is just ending things with me. If he did, I am positive he would tell me and not just stop talking to me.

I don't have a way of contacting his family or friends, I am legitimately worried and not sure what to do. I can't go to his place either and have no way of checking on him as this happened when he was out of town.

mortensorchid

Does he have Facebook or the like? Check if he's updated or there has been any activity there.

coolheadal

Why would he need his space when he got you? Something to think about right? Nonsense to think they need space away from the woman they love to share the rest of their life with. He didn't answer you text or phone calls. He's either done or the cell phone battery is dead. Just give it a day or two and if you don't hear from me ever again you move on to the next guy!

• Like 1

Go on his social media and look for a relative and message them your concern (same last name). Something may have happened.

• Like 3
  • Author

I called him from a different number and he picked up. Then I texted him from my phone and he's all of a sudden being unbelievably mean. The last time we talked everything was great, there is nothing I did to upset him. What gives

oneinamillion93
I called him from a different number and he picked up. Then I texted him from my phone and he's all of a sudden being unbelievably mean. The last time we talked everything was great, there is nothing I did to upset him. What gives

He's ghosting you and hoping you can get the idea. He picked up the other number so I assumed he doesn't want anything to do with you at the moment. Give him sometimes. Prepare for the worst that he mind wants to break up with you

• Like 2

What?! This guy is terrible! Very selfish. Whatever is wrong, at least tell you. :mad:

• Like 2
I am positive he would tell me and not just stop talking to me.

You should really remember this, for the next time you are "positive" that someone isn't capable of something.

• Like 3
The Urbanyst

Ending a relationship is a very stressful and sometimes scary process. You just never know how the other person will react or what they will do.

This is why most people these days end relationships in very cold and cowardly ways like this guy. One popular tactic is cheating. It usually means the guy wants out, but he is too scared to break it off. Women do the fade away where they gradually create distance over time in hopes of turning the guy off of her so she doesn't have to dump him. Most people are just big chickens.

Remember that in this society, men are always jerks for ending relationships with women, unless the woman was over the top crazy. A lot of guys figure, if they are going to be flagged as a jerk no matter what they do.. why bother do something that makes him uncomfortable like telling her directly? Lol.

• Like 1

Did you ever think that maybe his phone was stolen and it wasn't him that answered or sent mean texts back?

ExpatInItaly

What the heck?

I'm sorry this is happening OP, this is very bizarre. What was he saying in his texts? And on when he answered the call?

Any chance he uses drugs? I mean that as a sincere question.

• Like 3
coolheadal

My girl you have learned how to get around their block bravo. But still the same outcome no matter what. He's done with you READ ME LIPS HE'S DONE WITH YOU!

• Like 2

Well at least you know he's alive . . . so now you can kill him. (figuratively not literally)

How awful. You need to take this behavior as a break up & move on.

• Like 5
I'm with ExpatInItaly here, first thought was drugs!

...or the "friend" who had just come to pick him up was his new woman...

• Like 3

It really doesn't matter what he was doing, but he probably was dating another woman. But it doesn't matter because his behavior isn't forgivable, so you have to dump him now.

• Like 5
hippychick3
It really doesn't matter what he was doing, but he probably was dating another woman. But it doesn't matter because his behavior isn't forgivable, so you have to dump him now.

She should never have stayed with him after the last time he ghosted her.

• Like 5
  • Author

I really just do not understand it at ALL. Last time we spoke, he was saying how much he cared about me and how he was telling all his friends about me (the ones I haven't met)

When I texted he said "what do you want"...honestly I just want an explanation! It's not like we dated for a week and he can ghost me, he asked me to be his girlfriend so I deserve an explanation at least!

As for drugs, I honestly think that can be a strong possibility.

Eternal Sunshine

When I see threads like this, I am always sure there is more to the story than what OP lets on.

I have done many years of dating and ghosting never happened to me. I mean, some guys would just drop out of contact but there were always signs, pretty obvious signs of where things were leading. I am always sceptical of "everything is going great and then he ghosted" stories.

I mean I am sure it does happen but with much lower frequency than what people make it out to be.

• Like 2
Did you ever think that maybe his phone was stolen and it wasn't him that answered or sent mean texts back?

It's 2017... if his phone was stolen he could have borrowed someone else's to call/message her, or otherwise sent an email/FB message, or otherwise used a public phone to call her. There's just no excuse for disappearing for 2 days, losing a phone included.

• Like 2
  • Author

Yes and I have had experiences where there was something that I could pin point and say "that's why he ghosted"...but when I say everything was going great, I mean it...we never had a fight, had nothing but good times, he told me how he was "falling for me", told me cared about me, and most of all, his actions (not just words) showed he cared. He has done many sweet things for me that led me to believe he really cared. I guess not.. I guess you don't know people the way you think you do.

hippychick3
Yes and I have had experiences where there was something that I could pin point and say "that's why he ghosted"...but when I say everything was going great, I mean it...we never had a fight, had nothing but good times, he told me how he was "falling for me", told me cared about me, and most of all, his actions (not just words) showed he cared. He has done many sweet things for me that led me to believe he really cared. I guess not.. I guess you don't know people the way you think you do.

But wasn't this the same guy who disappeared on you for a week?

• Like 2
  • Author

What scares me is the fact that I get screwed over by everyone who I think genuinely likes me. I try to look at the poor way they treat me as a reflection of themselves, but it never changes for me. What is messed up is that guys who I thought liked me ghosted me, and that's fine, but the guy who actually showed that he cared about me through his actions is ghosting me and ending things in the most cowardly way possible. It hurts and just adds to my already existing trust issues.