Bumble app

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Someone told me about Bumble. Out of curiosity I decided to look into it. Have any of you noticed (and I am talking to the women but perhaps the men as well in a different situation) that all the men look like models on it? I mean in the looks department it's almost too good to be true. At least, where I am.

Someone told me about Bumble. Out of curiosity I decided to look into it. Have any of you noticed (and I am talking to the women but perhaps the men as well in a different situation) that all the men look like models on it? I mean in the looks department it's almost too good to be true. At least, where I am.

Their algorithm works to put the highest rated ones up front. So when you first enter an area, the first group is quite good looking with jobs and stuff... Keep swiping and that comes to an abrupt end.

• Author
mortensorchid
Their algorithm works to put the highest rated ones up front. So when you first enter an area, the first group is quite good looking with jobs and stuff... Keep swiping and that comes to an abrupt end.

Good to know, I always wondered why some are the first people that you see when you sign onto something like that, like if they pay an extra fee or something to be seen first like a platinum membership. Or catfishing.

My experience is kina different.

I get about 5 stunning profiles. Then a couple of fair ones (real ones, some that match me) then a bunch of the fake stunning ones again. I've met people off it so it's not all bad. But seems that, yes, it's got a lot of fake profiles. I really doubt they can be as good as portrayed.

I think tinder is the same, but you don't get so many fake ones until you have been using it for quite a while (in one location)

Edited by joseb
scubasteve

if you are good looking and get right swipe by good looking men. you're in the pile of good looking people till you get average people

Yup I have the same experience but from a guy perspective. 90% of them are all white females that are like really good look. I barely see any average looking people at all.

Ohio, MidBest is a sea of studs ?

Going to state the obvious, fake, catfish.

There are some good-looking men and women in Ohio, I know. But Cleveland is surely not Santa Monica.

• Like 1
Yup I have the same experience but from a guy perspective. 90% of them are all white females that are like really good look. I barely see any average looking people at all.

have you met any of them?

Because bumble works off facebook most times i can find their FB profile and take a gander.

yeah, their bumble pics are altered.

filter's maybe?

i'm 45 and the women i match with look way younger than their posted age.

for the most part body's are the same but their faces?

those women are doing something to appear younger on their bumble profile.:sick:

WhirlwindGuy

I used Bumble for a bit and it seemed to be the same for the women too. I was amazed at the overall quality of the women I would see while swiping through Bumble vs. pretty much anything else.

I ended up meeting someone from Bumble and she was pretty darn cute. Wasn't some of the super models that I had swiped through, but definitely put together and had a great career to boot.

I had just met my current fiancé at the same time I met Bumble girl, and had to chose...looks like I chose right, but I think Bumble girl would have been a great catch for anyone.

coolheadal

Your looking, but those who post are the ones in control not the looker like you. I don't like that, then you have to wait. But those are just for hook-ups and causal dating if anything. It's huge money deal breaker. OKC app pick of the draw on that one too. Nigerian/Ghana scammers on there plus you got women that only Window Shop or just want someone to chat too. They need to have an app for just pick-me-instead! LOL

Edited by coolheadal