Girl wants to bring her friend again

jthomas89

So I met this girl and her best friend through a mutual friend at a fair. For the whole time I hung out with her and her friend and got to know them well. After we texted for awhile, I asked her if she wanted to eat at this one place she never tried and she said yea and would ask her best friend to come along too.

I get a small vibe that she is kinda into me because out of our whole group at the fair, she only talked to me and walked around with me. She was also very touchy both times we hung out and she is always texting me.

She recently got into an academy and I told her I would treat her out (I was trying to find a way to get a 1 on 1 setting), but she asked if she should bring her friend again. At this point, I just want to be straight forward and tell her that I was looking for a date.

Do you guys think this blunt approach is ok or do you suggest something else?

Scarlett.O'hara

Absolutely! Be assertive and communicate with her.

If nothing else, at least she will know that you are interested in dating her (not just friends), and you will have a much better chance of understanding where you stand with her.

You should just be aware that there may be a small possibility she may not be comfortable dating yet, but at least you will know if she is worth pursuing or not.

Good luck.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

You are going to need to be clear that this invitation is meant only for her, not her plus her best friend.

How old is she?

• Like 1
she asked if she should bring her friend again.

Just say no. Let's go together.

If she pushes it, politely decline hanging around with her friends. No need to be "in your face" about it.

In which case, you start lowering your investment in her and increasing it in others.

Yes, I think you should say that you really want to spend time with her alone and take her out on a date. Be prepared she may not be interested in you in that way (despite some flirting), or not ready. At least you'll know where you stand and what her intentions are.

If she's in high school, that may scare her.

If she's out of high school, then yes, tell her you just want it to be you two.

• Like 1

Her friend is very important to her, and feels guilty not to include her (please take note of this). You can say, "I think your friend is an awesome person, but my interest lies with you and would like to take you out on a date".

Just a warning....if you want a relationship with this girl, her BFF is part of the package deal and you won't get too much opportunity for one on one time with her.

• Like 1

I'd tell her no... that you want to take just her out.

If you end up pursuing her, understand that her friend may become a problem because she will interpret your interest in her friend as "you're taking her friend from her".

Next time she asks if it's okay to bring her friend, say, "Not unless you want me to date your friend instead of you."

• Like 1