boyfriend heart problems?

belle_athletic

belle_athletic

Hi! So I just started seeing an older man (he's not too old, late 30s). However, recently, I've noticed that when our sex gets more intense, he seems to get chest pain. I recently saw him popping a pill before sex, I got a chance to check the bottle when he wasn't there and it was labelled as "nitroglycerine". Out of worry, I've pressed my ear against his chest after sex and it was beating very irregularly and took a long time to slow down. He assured me that he's fine, but I'm afraid that he has heart problems that he's hiding from me, and I'm afraid that he's going to have a heart attack during sex. What should I do?

Ask him about it. Perhaps there is a position that would cause less stress.

Patients experiencing angina when doing certain physical activities can often prevent symptoms by taking nitroglycerin 5 to 10 minutes before the activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitroglycerin

Your BF could have a series of medical issues from severe to light. Tell him you saw his meds and would like to talk about it.

• Like 1

Wow

Nitrogyclerine is usually prescribed to people who have CAD (coronary artery disease). Poeple with CAD experience chest pain caused by narrowed or occluded arteries that supply the heart with blood. When the heart doesnt recieve enough oxygen (carried by the blood) the result is angina (chest pain)

Nitrates are often used before strenous activity to prevent angina

The alarming thing here is that your bf is in his late 30's yet he requires the use of nitrates to have sex? Usually nitrates are perscribed to people over the age of 60 who have had a heart attack, CAD, or some other cardiac related disease. Theres a very good chance his heart is not healthy enough for that kind of activity. You're right for being concerned

Does your bf have any congential heart issues? Is he taking anabolic steroids?

A 30 year old man should not need nitrates at such a young age

Very alarming

Gr8fuln2020

This is a huge topic of discussion to be had now and not later. It is shocking that he is hiding this from you for reasons that go beyond your right to know (in this case), but also for the sake of safety.

• Like 1