Which guy is a better catch?

1. Bachelor in his early 40's. He's very good looking and fit. He likes to date young females near half his age. He even expresses interest in girls as young as 15 year old. (Even if it was a joke, I found it creepy and gross). He lives with roommates (it looks like a frat house from the outside), and has never had a long term relationship over 6 months. He has a middle class blue collar job, good friends since college, and seems like a nice guy. He doesn't travel much, but is active in sports. He just can't seem to commit. He has wandering eyes, and was unfaithful to his last girlfriend. One of his girlfriends went "crazy" on him. His parents divorced and all his siblings divorced and remarried as well.

2. Early 40's male. Divorced with one kid. Has a good 6-figure paying job, has friends since high school, and has a good relationship with his family. He's a good father, cordial with his ex-wife, and his kid is well behaved. He keeps life busy with his kid, friends, and family. He goes to church occasionally, and travels 1-3x per year for leisure. He's attractive, but not ridiculously handsome like guy #1. He divorced from his wife because she was emotionally abusive. He grew up with parents and older folks who were emotionally abusive to him and each other.

GorillaTheater

Is this a trick question? Did you leave anything out, like the second guy having tentacles?

• Like 10
  • Author
Is this a trick question? Did you leave anything out, like the second guy having tentacles?

lol. These are true people I have met in real life. I haven't seen their sex organs yet though, so that could be another subject.

• Like 1
1. Bachelor in his early 40's. He's very good looking and fit. He likes to date young females near half his age. He even expresses interest in girls as young as 15 year old. (Even if it was a joke, I found it creepy and gross). He lives with roommates (it looks like a frat house from the outside), and has never had a long term relationship over 6 months. He has a middle class blue collar job, good friends since college, and seems like a nice guy. He doesn't travel much, but is active in sports. He just can't seem to commit. He has wandering eyes, and was unfaithful to his last girlfriend. One of his girlfriends went "crazy" on him. His parents divorced and all his siblings divorced and remarried as well.

2. Early 40's male. Divorced with one kid. Has a good 6-figure paying job, has friends since high school, and has a good relationship with his family. He's a good father, cordial with his ex-wife, and his kid is well behaved. He keeps life busy with his kid, friends, and family. He goes to church occasionally, and travels 1-3x per year for leisure. He's attractive, but not ridiculously handsome like guy #1. He divorced from his wife because she was emotionally abusive. He grew up with parents and older folks who were emotionally abusive to him and each other.

I think his good looks is clouding you (#1). Quite a few red flags. Personally, the bold would have been an instant elimination.

I choose guy 3. You know, the guy that you don't have to ask about if he's a good catch or not...

• Like 11
Lilyana76

So, what do these guys think of you? Are you a catch to either?

Why would anyone in their right mind consider a cheater with a wandering eye a good catch?

Is this a serious question? am I being punked?

• Like 3

Guy 1 one is a 'no' (nothing positive here except the good looks but for anything but ONS, good looks are not enough).

Guy 2 is a 'maybe' (I always proceed with caution with people that act like a victim - i.e. emotionally abusive wife etc. Hear her side of the story before judging).

• Like 3
GunslingerRoland
Guy 1 one is a 'no' (nothing positive here except the good looks but for anything but ONS, good looks are not enough).

Guy 2 is a 'maybe' (I always proceed with caution with people that act like a victim - i.e. emotionally abusive wife etc. Hear her side of the story before judging).

I think this nails it. The first guy sounds awful.

The second guy might not be in a place where he can have a successful relationship though.

frigginlost

The fact that you are seriously asking this question based on the info given about those two is alarming.

You're asking which is better, the player or the stadium...

Ever known a player to stay in one stadium?

Better catch for what? For ONS, I wouldn't completely exclude Guy#1 (be safe though!). For a long-term relationship, Guy#1 is a joke, whereas Guy#2 may or may not work out; but unlike Guy#1, at least we don't see deal-breakers left and right with him (yet)!

CptInsano

I don't understand why, it has to be a decision between those two. Did I miss the great 2017 shortage of men?

• Like 2
I don't understand why, it has to be a decision between those two. Did I miss the great 2017 shortage of men?

OP is on an island and that's her only two choices. Well, Gilligan is there but...

SoThatHappened

What's better?:

1. D-bag

or

2. Stand-up guy

Actually, I'm concerned of the mindset one must have to even contemplate this...

• Like 4
lol. These are true people I have met in real life. I haven't seen their sex organs yet though, so that could be another subject.

Currently checking genital area for tentacles...nope, none here.

GorillaTheater
What's better?:

1. D-bag

or

2. Stand-up guy

Actually, I'm concerned of the mindset one must have to even contemplate this...

Imagine being the second guy, and learning who the other serious contender is.

"Jesus, seriously?? Tell you what, go ahead and cross me off your list."

• Like 3
Gr8fuln2020

Based on this, the choice seem obvious to me. Not even close. If you are deciding between these two, I don't understand what the issue is.

The choice is clear.

If you are looking for a short-term fling I'd go with number 1. He's hot, right?

If you are looking for a relationship I'd also go for number 1. You will learn more life lessons faster that way.

Then after you've learned your lessons you can give a decent guy a chance. Perhaps guy number 3.