I don't like him anymore because ...

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Long story short, I was chatting with this man on Facebook a week or two ago. I am still not feeling that great after the last disaster of a relationship resulting from a Facebook chat, but he was no where near as shady as that last one. So ... We talked on the phone...

Have you ever talked to someone and you just know by their tone of voice that they are not that bright? He was one of them. I'm not a snob, I try to give all people a shot, I try to think that all people have something to offer something in the world. At least, I have tried a lot of that in past, as I age I am not doing that as much because I want to be treated with more respect than I have experienced from many losers I have encountered (but that's another thread). But he said he's not sure why I am not around to answer his text messages immediately. I said "We are Facebook friends and you see where I am and what I am doing most of the time. I am BUSY." Which I am, it's not a lie.

I am going to ignore him from now on. We'd arranged to meet but I'm going to just blow it off now. Hate to be a bitch but it's what it is.

• Like 2
PegNosePete
I said "We are Facebook friends and you see where I am and what I am doing most of the time.

That does beg the question, why do you want someone who you've never met, to be able to see where you are and what you're doing most of the time?

It doesn't seem very sensible to me.

• Like 5
Gr8fuln2020
That does beg the question, why do you want someone who you've never met, to be able to see where you are and what you're doing most of the time?

It doesn't seem very sensible to me.

Really. I am at a loss for why people feel they need to do this. I've said this before, but our society has become so voyeuristic and reckless when it comes to social media.

Long story short, I was chatting with this man on Facebook a week or two ago. I am still not feeling that great after the last disaster of a relationship resulting from a Facebook chat, but he was no where near as shady as that last one. So ... We talked on the phone...

Have you ever talked to someone and you just know by their tone of voice that they are not that bright? He was one of them. I'm not a snob, I try to give all people a shot, I try to think that all people have something to offer something in the world. At least, I have tried a lot of that in past, as I age I am not doing that as much because I want to be treated with more respect than I have experienced from many losers I have encountered (but that's another thread). But he said he's not sure why I am not around to answer his text messages immediately. I said "We are Facebook friends and you see where I am and what I am doing most of the time. I am BUSY." Which I am, it's not a lie.

I am going to ignore him from now on. We'd arranged to meet but I'm going to just blow it off now. Hate to be a bitch but it's what it is.

I'm really at a loss!

How old are you ?

I've had phone calls that made me decide we were not a match. I then try my best to tell the person that upon consideration, I know we are not a match and wish them all the best.

Don't get me wrong, rejecting people isn't easy. At the same time, being upfront has made dating much easier, precisely because I don't have people I'm not interested in contact me.

But like you, I've decided to stop giving chances to men I know I'm not into. And really, it makes dating more enjoyable for me.

• Like 2

Why did you add this person to your FB before meeting? Would you let any online stranger visit your home before a firt meet? it's the same thing. Keep your private life private untill he's earn knowing more about you.

Yes it did happen I lost all interest in a man just by a phone conversation.

CloudyHead

Apparently, Facebook is another OLD tool. I learned that last year. A lot of people will search friends of friends for single people to meet.

• Author
mortensorchid

I forget how we became FB friends. And yes, FB is another tool people use just like we did in the MySpace days for OLD. But, aren't we all shallow in some way or another? This guy is not very bright based on talking to him. Plus (I left this out) he was texting me last night and I replied in between things that I was busy. And I really was, I was helping with a movie shoot and we were between takes. He seemed to be angry that I was not replying to him ASAP. Demanding does not sound good to me.

Eternal Sunshine

I felt obligated to give men chances in the past that I wasn't into. If they liked me and they were kind of nice, I felt like I should give it few more dates. Or try to kiss them and see if I felt something. I kept telling myself that I am too picky and need to lower my standards. It NEVER worked. I only grew increasingly drained and annoyed in their company. Now I make a clean break and walk away as soon as I realize I am not interested.

Dating someone you are not that into is so much worse than being single :cool:

• Like 1

I'm guessing you're quite young - teens/twenties?

Seriously it's not a good idea to add people to FB who you haven't even met - even those you have met it's best to read them a little, see what their general personality is like, get to know them before adding them.

Anyway, no, not a godo idea to meet or continue to correspond with someone who is already getting angry over your whereabouts or time of responding to texts.

I would block him, remove him from FB and block there also.

• Like 1

Well, absolutely. You can tell a lot by a voice, although sometimes it can be deceivingly bad or good.

This is why I just marvel at all the people on here who think they are in a real relationship with someone they've never met or in some cases talked to or Skyped with.

• Like 1

Why should the OP age matters? We make mistakes at every age. Errare Humanum Est.

The best 'tool' would be a quick Skype video chat before meeting the person so to be sure the person is for real, and doesn't seem too much of a goof.