Is it easy to get attached to someone you barely know if you're inexperienced?

turokturok5

turokturok5

I haven't been with a girl for over a year now, mostly because i'm shy and struggle to approach women. In January I went to a party and has this girl I had only just met practically throw herself at me, I knew absolutely nothing about her apart from her being my mates cousin. Because of this reason I told her I couldn't go any further with her (we just made out) she literally called me a pu$$y and that was the end of that.

Fast forward 3 months and I meet her at a friends football function and my mate said he didn't care if I hooked up with her. I felt weird about talking to her after what happened in January so just minded my own business. Later on in the night she throws herself at me again, just comes over and sits on my lap, starts flirting, feeling my thighs and we spent most of the night acting like a couple, holding hands etc. I've never had girls come at me like this, felt under pressure and didn't end up escalating things, she got fed up with me not making a move and we again went our separate ways.

The thing is, we have absolutely nothing in common, we've never actually had a proper conversation, she doesn't come across as a very nice person, is supposedly very high maintenance and I wouldn't consider her as someone who i'd like to date. However I am so hung up on her. I can't stop thinking about the interaction and wish I could have done things differently. Is it normal to feel this way. Is it likely i'm just regretting not going further with her because I haven't had much female attention in a while?

You got yourself wrapped up in the attention, the excitement, and the touch. Easy to do.

The thing is, she is not a nice person to you. In your two interactions, she has called you a name and gotten angry that you didn't follow whatever it was she wanted.

Her ego is bruised. She threw herself at you, and you didn't progress it or respond in a manner she conjured up in her head.

She sounds cruel. Red flags, dude. How nasty do you think she'll be when you actually invest time in her and know her better? She treated a guy she barely knew very badly. It can only get worse. Just stay away.

Very easy to do, especially if, as you say you battle. I think you need to look at the positives, sure she might not be very nice but she did show you attention which probably makes her nice at that moment.

Regret not following through, well sure, having been in a similar situation which was even more overt I say you do but as others have said its best to see it for what it is, a fun moment and nothing more.

However, there is another way to approach this, everyone says she isn't nice, you can simply ignore that and go after her anyway, it rather depends on how much value you put in the opinions of others.

d0nnivain

For many people attraction is superficial -- it's solely about how the other person looks.

This girl thinks you are sexy. She wants to have sex with you. She doesn't care about conversation or connection. She cares about the physical. She probably doesn't understand that things would be better for her if she did it your way & got to know the person.

You want something more than quick NSA sex. Some people, like this girl, will question your masculinity because you have turned down sex not once but twice with this girl. However, if she's not your style because she's moving too fast & doesn't care about what comes before or after the physical act, you are right to stay away because she's not a good partner for you. Plus there may be health considerations.

If you want to try things with her, next time she comes on to you, stand up & take her for a walk. Ask her Qs. Get her #. Tell her you'd prefer to date her. See how she reacts to that. She may laugh in your face & run away to find some guy who will simply boink her.

LostOnes05

Trust your gut...if it doesn't seem right, it probably isn't. Don't be so hard on yourself. At best she sounds kinda rude, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

Look, she sounds horrible. You're just excited because it was sexual. You know you don't like her and wouldn't be able to trust her. Find someone you want a relationship with.

I guarantee you that friend put her up to doing that.