Shy or not interested?

So I met this guy on my softball team (it's a Co-Ed league) and the first time, there seemed to be a bit of chemistry...eyes locking type of thing. I didn't think too much of it. Then he and a few of us went out for drinks. At one point when we were all together and joking, he joked saying he would make out with me.

He and I were alone and during that time, he was very inquisitive, asking a lot of questions about me., etc. As we were all leaving together, he asked me what I was doing tomorrow. I told him I had to watch my nephew and that was it.

The next night, one of the ladies (Sue who is very pushy but nice) asked him to meet out with some of her friends (nothing going on with them) and he texted me at midnight asking if I was still babysitting. I had fallen asleep so never responded until the next morning. I told him I was sleeping and asked how his night was. He said it was good and told me where he went. He then said Sue was texting asking to meet her out so he figured he'd text me to see if I wanted to come out for a drink and that Sue was relentless. We exchanged a few texts but that was it.

Yesterday, I saw him at our game and he seemed a bit distant and not as chatty. On our way to the car though, he asked again what I was doing that day. I said I had stuff to do for my job and he told me about his plans for the day. I then asked him to come out for my birthday this coming Friday if he's around, and he said he would be and we'll talk before then.

I can't figure out if he's interested or not. I keep thinking if he WAS, he'd be texting me more or initiating a date of some kind. Not sure what to think! Am I looking into this too much and he's just being friendly?

Well, he's obviously not at all shy. He seems very talkative. Now, he may be confused because he may think Sue wants him too. There's no reason he'd necessarily start regular texting. Not enough of a relationship for that. See if he goes to your party and maybe something will get started up after that.

• Author

There's definitely nothing going on between he and Sue. They're like buddies.

Valid point about not being shy though! Makes sense...

I just thought he'd be texting to make small talk but maybe not. But wouldn't he be asking ME to hang out at least??

Ami1uwant

I don't think he is she.

U don't think anything is going on between him and Sue

He is having trouble reading your interest level.

• Author
I don't think he is she.

U don't think anything is going on between him and Sue

He is having trouble reading your interest level.

I'm confused by the first 2 sentences. What do you mean? And why would he be having trouble reading my interest?

coolheadal

To early to tell what his intentions are with you. Just go with the flow until you feel things are just moving in the right direction. If not don't waste all your apples into this guy.

To me he seems interested. Not clear on what's going on with Sue. If there isn't something going on with them romantically, I don't know why she was even worth mentioning...what's up with Sue?

• He asked you what your plans were the next day. Babysitting nephew.
  • He texted you to see if you were still babysitting...see if you wanted to go out for a late date? Just text or talk?
  • He asked if you would like to meet with him and Sue for some other outing being planned at that moment
  • He asked again what your plans were that day or following day the next time you saw him in person

Again, he seems interested. He has tried multiple times to get some time with you.

You extended an invitation to your birthday outing and celebration. He said he would go.

Let things flow from here. You have a lot already planned and on your plate right now, and he probably has a few things lined up as well, so the best thing is to communicate and grab some time together (hopefully, it can be quick while you work through your busy schedules) and see where things progress once you have completed your prior obligations and can plan more time.

Sue seems to be an issue...curious about what's going on with her.

Edited by act00
  • Like 1
  • Author

I know, Coolheadeal...that's what I'm trying to do! I definitely have to work on going with the flow with things more..lol.

Act00- Sue is actually trying to set us up..lol. I do think she kind of liked him at first but he found out her age and I just don't think he's attracted to her...and now they're more of buddies. You interpret him asking me what I'm doing on those 2 days as him being interested though?? I thought the same but then wondered if he was just being nice.

I AM very curious to see how it goes on my birthday though!