What do I do about a silly crush?

Penguin_hugs

Penguin_hugs

Hi there

For the first time in years I have a real life crush haha. Usually I get by on online dating- which I liked because at least you know people are on the same page with dating etc and it's always on my terms.

But now I'm actually feeling like a real school girl crush on someone I met recently. I'm a pharmacist and a new dr started on my ward and I just cant get him out of my head!

The daft thing is we have barely even spoken about anything other than work stuff- but I just feel something is there and I'm overanalysing everything...

He often comes up to the pharmacy bench to say good morning, overexaggerates how great my input would be if I ask to join his ward round, he came up to apologise over something trivial (when most drs wouldn't have said anything), has stopped what he's doing just to smile and say thanks to me etc. I know these all seem very minor- but it's just going round and round in my head.

The other day I saw him at a weekly lecture and he suddenly seemed to be making his way backwards to where I was in the queue to kind of have to sit next to me and he was one person away when he got stopped by a friend who didn't seem to let him out of the conversation. On Friday we had a hand graze over a drug chart and it was really electric...

I just can't remember feeling like this since I was at school! I don't know what to do about it. I'm only on the ward in the mornings and due to annual leave and the end of my rotation I only have 8 mornings left on the ward with him...

I just feel really silly. Like I need to grow up and move on. But I am getting distracted by him. The other day his shirt button fell off and his shirt was just kind of hanging open... my jaw totally dropped.

But from the 26th I will be off the ward and I feel like I have lost my opportunity already. I'll see him hopefully at the Friday event I guess. It's my week off this week but I'm planning on going in for the lecture (for numerous reasons) but I just feel excited about the prospect of just seeing him...

Wow I feel so silly and childish! What do I do?

todreaminblue

talk to him get to know the guy under the ripped abs.....obviously he likes to keep fit ...so you have common ground to talk about..start up a conversation.....about what routine he has to keep those muscles ripped or how he keeps fit...his regime...if you feel reciprocated interest ...ask him on date get to knowthe guy more.....turns into an active interest instead of a crush..good luck...deb

First, what are the rules where you work? Don't do anything to put him in a position. But if it's okay to date, you better get to it quick because cute doctors are snapped up in a hurry.

• Like 1
  • Author
Penguin_hugs

There aren't any rules against dating at the hospital- just not patients! A surprising number of people in the pharmacy department are married within the department actually. And a pharmacist I know is married to the chief medical officer of the hospital- so it isn't unheard of.

Unfortunately the button was lost due to an aggressive patient with dementia... not abs... but I could see some really good chest hair- which I love but seems to be a rarity these days ?

He just seems to be such a genuine nice guy. Quite different in looks to what I usually go for but I am seriously crushing here ?

My mission is to try and talk to him a lot more in the remaining 8 mornings I have working with him. Unfortunately this is tough because we are both very busy on the ward! I'm going to be more proactive about speaking about non work things when he says morning to me. And I'm going to try and go to the Friday lectures and hope to see him in a non working environment. This week it is on ITU which was his previous rotation so maybe I can think up a few things to chat about ready for Monday. I'm on annual leave now anyway- and stupidly wish I wasn't!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Author
Penguin_hugs

So I just thought I would do a little update. I ended up being rotated from the ward- despite a lot of petitions from senior pharmacists (who said I was doing such a great job there and they didn't want me to move) and the consultant got involved and tried to convince the head of pharmacy to keep me on the ward etc- but no luck.

But we were chatting quite a bit before I left- he came to check I was ok on my last day as I was fairly upset and I went for lunch with him and the other drs- it was lovely.

2 weeks later I went back to the ward to help out because they were busy and we had a little chat about my new ward etc.

Then I haven't seen him around the hospital in 6 weeks! I sent him a few fb messages a few weeks ago- and we chatted a little but I don't think he's much of a texter.

So I decided to move on- joined bumble again. Been on a few dates- thought things were going well- but I get rejected everytime I think things were going ok! So I just decided to go on a bit of an upset bumble swipe- and guess who appears...

I just don't know whether to swipe yes on him or not! It feels a tad awkward! I was massively crushing on this guy before- and now I've been convincing myself that nothing will happen...