Feeling hopeless about finding love again

i am 22 and female. i only ever had one serious relationship which lasted over 4 years. i am dating, have been putting myself out there and meeting people but nothing is amounting to anything. i either have a date with a guy and realize i am not into them or i like a guy i've gone out with and he just stops talking to me. i know i am avidly looking for a relationship, so maybe there is too much pressure? i am just feeling hopeless, like i will never be in a steady relationship again or find someone who wants the same things as i do. i 'd like to think when i find the right person i will know, but i keep getting hurt and turned down and i don't know why!

Honestly, most people have not even had a long relationship by your age that you had. So you're doing just fine. People your age are really usually too young to want to get serious and marry or anything like that. Especially guys. This is the time to not worry about it and just have a good time.

I'm sorry you're getting hurt. If it's from online dating, well, it pretty much makes everyone feel bad. This forum is full of people getting depressed about it, but it's because it's like catalogue shopping or Amazon shopping in that everyone is shooting for their dream person where in real life, people meet each other and fall in together and have more in common and don't have much in the way of dream girls/guys to pursue -- or they find out right away it's not going to happen and move on.

So don't get down about it. Take a break from online if it gets you down and concentrate on real life activities where you'll mix and meet with people. There's no hurry! Just enjoy living life, and don't EVER wait for a partner to go do the things you really want to do in life. Just go do them and it makes you more interesting and gets you out there where you may find someone who you have some interest in common with.

d0nnivain

You may giving off a desperate vibe. Instead of being "I want a BF" switch your mindset to "I'd like a healthy relationship; prove to me that you are good enough to be my BF."

I don't mean for you to be as arrogant as that sounds. I just want you to feel more confident. Know your own value.

FWIW, I didn't meet my husband until I was 39, You have plenty of time.

• Like 1