I cant tell if its platonic or not?

Sdives

So this personal trainer girl I know, knows that I like her. She is kind of the flirty type. We talk all the time while she works, she said she always enjoys talking to me.

She will be quitting personal training soon in the next couple weeks. I was shocked, as I wouldn’t see her anymore.

I asked her if she could show me things in the gym like I would meet her at a different location than the one she used to work.

She said she would make time for me to show me things at her nearby gym when she quits. Is this a good sign overall ?I can’t tell if it’s platonic or not.

She has shown me things at the gym she is now at in the past. She said she would make time for me then and she did. It was about 15 minutes but she did.

She must know that I was kinda hitting on her

ask.....her......out!

This how you play it....you are attracted to someone, you get there name, chat them up, then ask them out...just like that. If she says no, then you saved yourself huge amounts of time trying to figure out her level of interest. Confidence my dear is all you need.

NO one here is going to know if she has any interest....that's your job to find out, when you ask her for a date.

• Like 5

It's possible she's wondering about you as well. You haven't asked her out, but want tips and pointers, of which she obliges, presumably because she's attracted to you and is putting the feelers out herself. You don't know if she knows you like her. I don't know what opportunity you've had for personal chit-chat, but surely if she had a boyfriend, she would have dropped that hint by now, if she recognizes your (she's not sure) attraction to her. Just ask her out before she quits this gym and you never see her again. If she turns you down, she's leaving the gym, so no future awkwardness, and at least you tried instead of wishing you tried or wondered what could have become if you tried...get it? Do it! :)

• Like 1

Do you talk personal stuff like.... how was your weekend, what did you do ?

In personal conversation you can find out if she is dating/available.

Of available....ask her out.

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you talk personal stuff like.... how was your weekend, what did you do ?

In personal conversation you can find out if she is dating/available.

Of available....ask her out.

We talk all the time I know she's single. I wonder if the working out thing is trial run or a test drive.

In the past she said she would make time and she did, but nows she quitting and I may not see her again. I asked if she would show me some stuff like last time and she said she would make time for me.

• Author
It's possible she's wondering about you as well. You haven't asked her out, but want tips and pointers, of which she obliges, presumably because she's attracted to you and is putting the feelers out herself. You don't know if she knows you like her. I don't know what opportunity you've had for personal chit-chat, but surely if she had a boyfriend, she would have dropped that hint by now, if she recognizes your (she's not sure) attraction to her. Just ask her out before she quits this gym and you never see her again. If she turns you down, she's leaving the gym, so no future awkwardness, and at least you tried instead of wishing you tried or wondered what could have become if you tried...get it? Do it! :)

Well she has to think or understand my asking of her to show me things.She must know what I meant she did before.

I have her on my FB. I did suggest getting together once she did want to compromise anything at work. But since then we talk all the time like every time.

Whenever she talks to me she says it makes her day and happy, eye contact ( constantly) smiles. Asking me when I'll be around next to see her etc.

I may do the workout thing in order to gauge it the situation like a test drive. I just hope she wasn't Bsing me... she didnt the first time.

But her obliging and again saying she will make time is her testing the waters so to speak? is that what you mean?

I may can only do this when she quits. The staff there gossip like mad. She aways waves at me wherever she is in the gym.She says hi to me 20k times a day.

Edited by Sdives
  • Author

If she said she would make time for me, is that a blow off excuse that people use? I mean she came through before and said the same thing, that she would make time for me. I cant tell if I would getting blown off

But her obliging and again saying she will make time is her testing the waters so to speak? is that what you mean?

I may can only do this when she quits. The staff there gossip like mad. She aways waves at me wherever she is in the gym.She says hi to me 20k times a day.

That's exactly what I mean. Do you think she's a mind reader? She's every bit as unsure and insecure as you are. Does he like me? Does she like me? What makes you think she knows? Or maybe because you asked her the one time, what makes you think she knows you're still interested and available? I think she's making time in order to give you the opportunity to ask. I can understand not compromising her job by dating a patron, so now that door is opening again with her exit from this job. Take it.

• Author
That's exactly what I mean. Do you think she's a mind reader? She's every bit as unsure and insecure as you are. Does he like me? Does she like me? What makes you think she knows? Or maybe because you asked her the one time, what makes you think she knows you're still interested and available? I think she's making time in order to give you the opportunity to ask. I can understand not compromising her job by dating a patron, so now that door is opening again with her exit from this job. Take it.

I will do something, we hang around each other allot in the gym. I just hope her saying she would make time will be the same like last time. I just hope she's not BSing me.A gym hangout/date whatever is fine with me.

She's kind of flaky, I told her I was going to the movies with the other staff she invited her self out instantly. I wasn't inviting her BTW I was telling her. She instantly said she was coming along .She never showed which I understand. It was bunch of guys seeing an action film.

Im starting a new job and wont see her around much. I want to test the waters before I ask again. I have no idea how I can do this. I asked in January. I have done nothing since but converse with her.

Do you think her saying she would make time for me have any weight to it? I mean does it wound serious or just a line? she came through before. Is she hinting at seeing me at some point?

I will do something, we hang around each other allot in the gym. I just hope her saying she would make time will be the same like last time. I just hope she's not BSing me.A gym hangout/date whatever is fine with me.

She's kind of flaky, I told her I was going to the movies with the other staff she invited her self out instantly. I wasn't inviting her BTW I was telling her. She instantly said she was coming along .She never showed which I understand. It was bunch of guys seeing an action film.

Im starting a new job and wont see her around much. I want to test the waters before I ask again. I have no idea how I can do this. I asked in January. I have done nothing since but converse with her.

Do you think her saying she would make time for me have any weight to it? I mean does it wound serious or just a line? she came through before. Is she hinting at seeing me at some point?

I don't know. She seems interested. I'm afraid that when she leaves the gym job, the momentum will dissipate, so you really need to get your foot in the door beforehand. Once you don't have that contact when you go in for your workouts, if you haven't exchanged numbers, established outside contact, or established a time to meet, whether for workout or drinks/coffee, the opportunity may be lost. Out of site, out of mind. Plus you state your job/hours are changing, so the normal times you see her won't really work or won't be as often, so I think you need to jump on this sooner over later. I don't think workout "dates" are going to work because that's her job and it might be sending mixed signals to her that you're not interested in her romantically, so lean in the direction of something non-gym related.

• Author
I don't know. She seems interested. I'm afraid that when she leaves the gym job, the momentum will dissipate, so you really need to get your foot in the door beforehand. Once you don't have that contact when you go in for your workouts, if you haven't exchanged numbers, established outside contact, or established a time to meet, whether for workout or drinks/coffee, the opportunity may be lost. Out of site, out of mind. Plus you state your job/hours are changing, so the normal times you see her won't really work or won't be as often, so I think you need to jump on this sooner over later. I don't think workout "dates" are going to work because that's her job and it might be sending mixed signals to her that you're not interested in her romantically, so lean in the direction of something non-gym related.

This is all true I may hint at her showing me some workout stuff again and she how serious she is. I have her FB so I can work that I still have contact with her. The workout date was me asking if she could train with me and show me things, and she said she would make time for me. I hope she understood what I was hinting at.

She has to know I'm still interested. Would she really think I am no longer? The next little while I will gauge her to me working out with her and see how that goes. Its like I need to befriend her more I go in for the kill, so to speak.

I will update this as I go, I feel that I cannot ask her out just yet. closer towards the end day I would.

I have no idea what to do, asking her out seems too formal like I need a step before that

Edited by Sdives
  • Author

I know what I’m going to do. This coming week I will see if she has anytime on the weekend to meet for a workout. It will be my last week before my schedule changes, and I won’t run into her anymore. I just hope she was being honest it making time for me like last time

• Author

Do you really think she's opening the door again with her saying that?

Do you really think she's opening the door again with her saying that?

Did she say to you that she could not date a member due to her job? You already said her coworkers are gossip-mongers, but just like dating a coworker, it's not always the best idea to date a client -- don't pee where you eat. Her job could have a stipulation about workers getting romantically involved with members, and she does have a professional persona to maintain. Plus, she may not want to risk awkward and possibly combative post-bad date/breakup relationships with someone who will continue to use the gym. It's a big can o' worms. So yes, now that she's quitting, she may very well be open to dating you.

I don't KNOW if this is what she's thinking or what she wants, but by what you're describing, she seems interested.

• Author
Did she say to you that she could not date a member due to her job? You already said her coworkers are gossip-mongers, but just like dating a coworker, it's not always the best idea to date a client -- don't pee where you eat. Her job could have a stipulation about workers getting romantically involved with members, and she does have a professional persona to maintain. Plus, she may not want to risk awkward and possibly combative post-bad date/breakup relationships with someone who will continue to use the gym. It's a big can o' worms. So yes, now that she's quitting, she may very well be open to dating you.

I don't KNOW if this is what she's thinking or what she wants, but by what you're describing, she seems interested.

I hope so, I hope your right. I just was hoping that her saying she would make time for me was the door you speak of. I wont wait until she leaves, I'll work on it before then. Your right 100%. I have to have momentum with this. Maybe by the end of next week.

She said she didn't want to have a reputation by dating a member and she wanted to keep professional. We went right back to talking ever since. A few times a week. today for example

She said she didn't want to have a reputation by dating a member and she wanted to keep professional. We went right back to talking ever since. A few times a week. today for example

Sorry but this is her making it clear that she isn't interested ....if that isn't a hint to not go there I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sorry but this is her making it clear that she isn't interested ....if that isn't a hint to not go there I don't know what is.

That was along time ago, she leaving there now in a couple weeks. She's wanted to come out with me and friends before and says talking to me always makes her day. I know she likes me on some level but how much I dont know

So this personal trainer girl I know, knows that I like her. She is kind of the flirty type. We talk all the time while she works, she said she always enjoys talking to me.

She will be quitting personal training soon in the next couple weeks. I was shocked, as I wouldn’t see her anymore.

I asked her if she could show me things in the gym like I would meet her at a different location than the one she used to work.

She said she would make time for me to show me things at her nearby gym when she quits. Is this a good sign overall ?I can’t tell if it’s platonic or not.

She has shown me things at the gym she is now at in the past. She said she would make time for me then and she did. It was about 15 minutes but she did.

She must know that I was kinda hitting on her

Don't assume she knows you were "kinda" doing anything. To her, this is business, not flirty/date-y stuff. She may think you're serious about training and sees you as a potential client.

If you want to ask her out, then you need to ask her out; not hint around at learning new things at a gym.

• Like 2
That was along time ago, she leaving there now in a couple weeks. She's wanted to come out with me and friends before and says talking to me always makes her day. I know she likes me on some level but how much I dont know.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that she isn't interested in dating you because she'd have said something to you about her interest in that by now since she's leaving your gym... and she'll probably remind you. When she had the opportunity to take it there, she didn't. That would have shown interest to at least toss you a bone.

What she said is along the lines of "I'll call you sometime..." it's a polite way to end a conversation.

Edited by kendahke
  • Author
I'll bet dollars to donuts that she isn't interested in dating you because she'd have said something to you about her interest in that by now since she's leaving your gym... and she'll probably remind you. When she had the opportunity to take it there, she didn't. That would have shown interest to at least toss you a bone.

What she said is along the lines of "I'll call you sometime..." it's a polite way to end a conversation.

when I asked I may have jumped the gunn too quickly. She has been flirty since she always when she will see me again worries once about me no longer going to the gym.There are other things

• Author
Don't assume she knows you were "kinda" doing anything. To her, this is business, not flirty/date-y stuff. She may think you're serious about training and sees you as a potential client.

If you want to ask her out, then you need to ask her out; not hint around at learning new things at a gym.

she said she would make time for me I hope she does. She said that before and show me stuff. Today she said she will talk to tomorrow more

Edited by Sdives
  • Author

She did tell me she was leaving we didnt see eau other for a while as her schedule changed

Edited by Sdives
  • Author

This afternoon she said she wanted to see me tomorrow but at the gym. So I have no idea. She doesn't seem to do this with anyone else

Also I know she's into me in some way as she invited herself out to an event with me and some other guys when she knew I was going

Edited by Sdives
This afternoon she said she wanted to see me tomorrow but at the gym. So I have no idea. She doesn't seem to do this with anyone else

Also I know she's into me in some way as she invited herself out to an event with me and some other guys when she knew I was going

If you think she might be interested then ask her our. Properly. On a date. Not a gym meetup, or something with other people. Make your intentions clear. Be brave, and willing to accept no as an answer. But she might just say yes.

• Like 1
  • Author
If you think she might be interested then ask her our. Properly. On a date. Not a gym meetup, or something with other people. Make your intentions clear. Be brave, and willing to accept no as an answer. But she might just say yes.

Do you think I have enough to go on? for it to be justifiable? and do you think her saying she would make time for me is legit?

I'll try to soon