Your thoughts on a man wanting to raise his ex-fiance's child that's not his

ChattyKat

I knew a guy like this. My friend had let her ex-finance back into her pre-teen daughter's life after he had been in prison a few years. He had been in prison because of drugs. Even before his prison bid, he had been in & out of jail for a few years. And less than 18 months later, he is back in jail because of drugs. The mom has full custody of her daughter so the bio dad isn't in the picture. I just pray to God my friend's daughter doesn't grow up having a messed up life because of this. And the way this guy was being what I felt overly affectionate towards her daughter gave me creepy vibes. He does have kids of his own so not saying he would do something to her. The fact that he has 2 family members in prison already for molesting children does raise concern.

amaysngrace

If you have any suspicions of sexual abuse you should call in someone who can question and evaluate the child.

• Like 1

The title of your thread has nothing to do with your story.

To answer your title question. I have an uncle that raised to adult-hood his ex-gf daughter. My uncle was dating this woman who had a very young child, around 2-3 years old at the time. After a couple of years together she left the relationship and abandonned her child behind. My uncle raised her as his daughter. She grew up to be a beautiful responsable adult.

Your story is a creepy story what has nothing to do with 'raising' a child. It's about a criminal in and out of jail being in contact with children. That's a different ball game, it's not about a man it's about a criminal, and it's not about raising a child it's about a man under the roof of a child.

• Like 2

I am equally lost on the title of your post and the actual story happening. A step-parent (even by unmarried, common law standards) can take over guardianship of a child.

Your friend has chosen to date and align herself with someone who cannot function in society and has managed to spend a good majority of his adult life behind bars. She is warping her child in that she involves herself and her child with this caliber of people. Not just the boyfriend; I'm guessing all the people in her life, possibly even she herself, are involved in this lifestyle, the drugs, the arrests, and the jail time. The boyfriend (ex-fiance) isn't raising this child at all. He's around long enough to disrupt any level of normalcy, and plops himself back into jail and causes financial and emotional hardships. He is not raising this child. The mother is stupid six ways to Tuesday, and it gets worse that this so-called stepfather, term used loosely, is hitting the creep-o-meter in your eyes as being a bit more sexual and notsomuch daddy hugs.

The issue here is the mother, her lifestyle, and who she aligns with and brings into her child's world. This man is behind bars for the foreseeable future, and there is no "raising" of the child by him.

• Like 2
  • Author
The title of your thread has nothing to do with your story.

To answer your title question. I have an uncle that raised to adult-hood his ex-gf daughter. My uncle was dating this woman who had a very young child, around 2-3 years old at the time. After a couple of years together she left the relationship and abandonned her child behind. My uncle raised her as his daughter. She grew up to be a beautiful responsable adult.

Your story is a creepy story what has nothing to do with 'raising' a child. It's about a criminal in and out of jail being in contact with children. That's a different ball game, it's not about a man it's about a criminal, and it's not about raising a child it's about a man under the roof of a child.

Sorry, my grammar is a bit confusing. The story with your Uncle is different, he's a positive role model. From what I had learned in child development classes in high school and college, kids need stability and positive role models. The guy is no fatherly role model and it's probably actually healthier for her to have no father than to have him around.

I am equally lost on the title of your post and the actual story happening. A step-parent (even by unmarried, common law standards) can take over guardianship of a child.

Your friend has chosen to date and align herself with someone who cannot function in society and has managed to spend a good majority of his adult life behind bars. She is warping her child in that she involves herself and her child with this caliber of people. Not just the boyfriend; I'm guessing all the people in her life, possibly even she herself, are involved in this lifestyle, the drugs, the arrests, and the jail time. The boyfriend (ex-fiance) isn't raising this child at all. He's around long enough to disrupt any level of normalcy, and plops himself back into jail and causes financial and emotional hardships. He is not raising this child. The mother is stupid six ways to Tuesday, and it gets worse that this so-called stepfather, term used loosely, is hitting the creep-o-meter in your eyes as being a bit more sexual and notsomuch daddy hugs.

The issue here is the mother, her lifestyle, and who she aligns with and brings into her child's world. This man is behind bars for the foreseeable future, and there is no "raising" of the child by him.

The mom is teaching the child that it's okay to "rescue" men that don't know how to function in society like a responsible person. Actually she's a very booksmart woman working 2 jobs to support her daughter but clueless when it comes to personal relationships. My friend allowed her to get attached to him again then that cycle is disrupted by him going back to jail. She's rasing her child in a dysfunctional home which many times the cycle repeats itself once the child is an adult

Edited by ChattyKat