Moved too fast

shortstack30

shortstack30

I've been dating a guy 5 weeks now. We are both very interested in each other, and we have both expressed extreme likeness for each other.

Last night we got into a fight, and he suddenly isn't sure what to do (like not sure if we should be together) and wanted space. He said he would call tomorrow and we could talk.

Of course being a girl i panicked and cried like 10 times, but im respecting his need of space and will wait for his call tomorrow.

I know i've said things that could be fast, but so has me which has me confused.

He wanted to wait to be my "boyfriend" yet he has told me many times im "the one", that he's "falling in love with me" (but not ILY yet), and that I'm the girl he's going to Marry One Day.

So of course, I figured telling him I want to be his girlfriend was okay, but idk.

I know he's really sick now too, so idk if this is playing into it.

He also misunderstood some things I said and thought I cried all weekend without him, which just wasn't true. Lots of miscommunication.

I'm also supposed to meet his entire family this sunday which he was so excited for, which seemed serious to me, but maybe i'm wrong...

Anyways, I want to be with him.

Space scares me. I know its not always bad, but considering he's thinking if we should be together, i'm scared ****less.

He has shown every perfect sign of a relationship before last night.

We also both agreed to be exclusive before.

I think if we both communicate what we want, and he admits he wants to slow things down, i'm okay with that.

I am more than willing to go at his speed if he wants, but idk how to communicate this with him.

Im so scared.

I need advice on what to say to him tomorrow when he calls?

Do you think this is a bad sign?

Since I moved too fast, how can i recover from this?

I just need overall advice!

You really need to get a handle on your emotions and show him that you'll be fine either way. Men can't cope with feeling like their girl's happiness is solely dependent on their actions, that's a huge burden for anyone. It definitely sounds like you're too wound up in waiting on his every move.

Please do whatever you can to chill out. Even if you have to cry all day long, do not let him know that! Control your emotions in whatever way you can AWAY from him. I really think you should only go back in for communication with him once your anxiety settles.

If it were me, when/if he calls tomorrow, don't answer straight away unless you've truly had time to reign yourself in. I get the feeling that he's not going to call because he knows you're waiting on it like it's your last lifeline or something. That's not very attractive sorry to say. And I say this as someone who has been in your position so please don't be offended.

When you do speak to him, please try to do so in the least emotional way you can muster as it seems like you're putting way too much pressure on him/responsibility for your feelings when that's your responsibility.