Need to forget my date

Love2015

Hello,

I want some advice. I dated this guy 5 times in October 2016 and I really liked him. Then he and I would text randomly and he would attempt to make plans but not happened. So I told him I would move on. Now end of January we connected again and saw and made out again. Once our making out session a was over he says he didn't miss me all and that we doing wrong because he doesn't see a future together. I feel he and I have potential bit he shuts all off from the get go. I am trying once more to forget him. Any advice is welcomed. Why would he be attracted me yet not ?

He told you plain and simple he doesn't see you as GF material or just has no interest in relationships period....that doesn't stop a boy from being horny. Guys have different brains...sex is not love, sex is just sex.

• Like 2
  • Author

I feel so stupid....fell for this thing again. I need to work on my self esteem and understand when a guy is not interested to let them go from the beginning....now I had a great time with a guy that from get go says he doesn't see a future with me...and to the point that he is telling in my face, that he wants to find a woman for a bride...but this makes me feel I am not good enough?

I sense hypocrisy in guys who are ok with just being with someone for the moment yet calculative enough not to thing of a possibility with that girl but yes a potential fantasy ....who may or may not exist..to begin with....

I would like not to remember him....dating in itself has become a full time task....shouldn't it be more fun?

I will explain little more...this guy I dated he never once showed who he truly is...as in ..don't now where he lives...don't know where he actually works (says he is a Consultant) ... don't know much about him...as far as I am concerned he could be married....I showed myself as I am...so feel he did not behave equally.

Versacehottie
Hello,

I want some advice. I dated this guy 5 times in October 2016 and I really liked him. Then he and I would text randomly and he would attempt to make plans but not happened. So I told him I would move on. Now end of January we connected again and saw and made out again. Once our making out session a was over he says he didn't miss me all and that we doing wrong because he doesn't see a future together. I feel he and I have potential bit he shuts all off from the get go. I am trying once more to forget him. Any advice is welcomed. Why would he be attracted me yet not ?

Can't really get a bigger sign than this to move on. Even guys who want you as an option don't put it all out there like that. If you really have potential he will be back again. But after a statement like that you cannot stick around hoping or wait in any way. Unfortunately we can't control how people perceive us. He perceives "no potential", which is separate from being ok to hook up. It's a huge diss, IMO. If you are still talking to him, I would stop. Tell him it's a shame that he's going miss out on a good girl like you but that you don't want to waste any time with him. (idk, dialogue probably could be better) but essentially you want to leave on a STRONG note where you leave with dignity but also that you feel confident that you have something to offer a worthy guy & his loss if he doesn't recognize it. Don't act bitter. Act like he's kinda stupid, amusing, silly. Because if you really at your core know yourself and feel good that you DO have something to offer that's all this really is. I'm tired so not explaining well but you can't keep seeing him. Good luck with the next one. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Crush on the first guy I dated after my divorce after a year of being single....I can't seem to stop feeling him

He said he doesn't see a future with me yet why he is still in my head?

I met Oct 2016....only went out for 4 dates. Met again end of Jan 2017. We had same chemistry and made out then why would he not give it an actual chance? After all he says he is looking for a wife.

My problem is I told him how I feel and since he has been ignoring me which I accept he is not into me

However, I go out on dates and still have feelings for him. Besides I even kiss the other dates and the kiss this guy and I had shared was way too much more special for me.

I need tips on how to move forward and find new meaningful people.Am I behaving like this because my divorce (I was cheated on) left me insecure and nowe don't trust love can exist?:(

You definitely need to work on your self esteem before you think about dating. The problem I find, is there are too many people out there looking for vulnerable people like you, to take advantage of. Once they've 'filled their boots', they're off. They only bounce back when they need another ego boost.

Why do you want to be that vulnerable person? Surely you have more to offer than that! You need to put yourself on a pedestal and only accept a potential suitor if he can prove to you that he is genuine. You will lose a lot of dates by doing this, but at least you're weeding out the timewasters.

As for this guy - he says he is looking for a wife...well he's got a funny way of treating a potential wife. Four dates and then nothing for months. Then he comes out of nowhere to make out with you?! He's got a funny way of courting. The fact is, he is telling you what you want to hear so that he can sleep with you.

Sometimes you have to switch off all that emotion and take a step back. Re-review the situation and ask yourself again if he's genuinely interested.

Sounds like he gave you one more try. Something didn't click, he moved on. He liked you enough, though, and thought he'd try again, or maybe he was feeling lonely and broke down and texted, which he may have done with a couple other women as well, and you took the bait. The spark still isn't there for him.

Let him go or you'll find yourself on the back burner when he needs a little something during dry spells. You can't force him to like you. If he breaks down and texts you again, don't respond or tell him you're no longer interested.

Hello,

Your being played and used as a backup. You are a matter of convince and nothing more meaningful. I am sure you don't want this either. So take your own advice and move on and find a man that wants to share his life with you.