Interpreting male actions - are these positive signs?

girlinNYC

Hi all,

I hope you are having a marvellous day.

Soooooo, I have been single for 1.5 years and I have finally stumbled across a guy that I find myself very much attracted too. I work in retail, as does he, and we had noticed each other on many occasions especially as I walk by his store on my way to work.

Not to sound arrogant AT ALL, but every time I walk by I will always find him looking, or if I am even 20-50m away I will see him peering through his window. He even walked out of his store one day as I was on the other side and I caught his glance :laugh:

Obviously that alone signifies some sort of interest?

Anyway, I can be quite a shy person at times and was struggling for a month to get my head around actually going in to his store. Everyone around me was telling me too, and logically I knew it wouldn't be a big deal but you know, nerves.. A couple of days ago, I DID IT! It definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be, I think wearing my best outfit and feeling my best played a huge part. My legs did feel like jelly the whole time though :D

He was lovely, so warm with a constant smile. I told him I would be back to resume my purchasing.

I was acting like a customer the whole time, and when I proceeded to leave he called me "bella" which obviously means beautiful.. That flew over my head until I went back to work and I realised :laugh:

So all of the eye contact over the weeks and how he was in store, are positive signs?

Sounds good but he could be checking other girls too, calling them beautiful. It could be just his nature and him being friendly.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

From reading forums, if a man stares, he's probably attracted to you. However, if he doesn't take it further than he doesn't want to(the most likely case) or he is so socially incapacitated that he can't

Neither are good. This guy is attracted to you and likes to flirt, but doesn't seem interested in anything more than that. I think he would have asked you out by now because he doesn't seem shy. Calling you Bella and all that. He just sounds like a flirt!

• Like 1
  • Author
From reading forums, if a man stares, he's probably attracted to you. However, if he doesn't take it further than he doesn't want to(the most likely case) or he is so socially incapacitated that he can't

Neither are good. This guy is attracted to you and likes to flirt, but doesn't seem interested in anything more than that. I think he would have asked you out by now because he doesn't seem shy. Calling you Bella and all that. He just sounds like a flirt!

We had never spoken before our encounter in his store a few days ago, logically there would not have been another way we could have given he doesn't know my name or where I work. Only way we could have is if I went in.

I know what you're saying, but I'd say it is far too early re asking out, we have only had 5 minutes together (literally ha)

He didn't come on too strong, was very professional but smiley. The bella comment was very last minute as I said goodbye.

• Author
He finds you physically attractive, that is really all thar can be determined.

Yes my thoughts.

• Author
Sounds good but he could be checking other girls too, calling them beautiful. It could be just his nature and him being friendly.

I was thinking that too :eek: hopefully he is one of the good ones.

I was thinking that too :eek: hopefully he is one of the good ones.

The one way to find out is to ask for his number or give him yours next time you two meet

• Like 1
lionlover1973
Hi all,

So all of the eye contact over the weeks and how he was in store, are positive signs?

Yes.

As long as your interactions

:love:

• Like 2
  • Author
Yes.

As long as your interactions

:love:

Hahaha I love Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia!! No our one and only interaction so far has not been as intense :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
The one way to find out is to ask for his number or give him yours next time you two meet

I feel that would be me coming on too strong though, I have literally spent only 5 minutes (if that) with him in his store as a 'customer'

As he doesn't know where I work or my name, I will go back this week to buy what I need, but that situation surely would mean it's too early for numbers?

I'm bad at this, it isn't black and white enough for me ha.

Perhaps I at least tell him my name, along with my work tag he will see where I work and I will see what happens. Not sure.

RecentChange
I feel that would be me coming on too strong though, I have literally spent only 5 minutes (if that) with him in his store as a 'customer'

As he doesn't know where I work or my name, I will go back this week to buy what I need, but that situation surely would mean it's too early for numbers?

Perhaps I at least tell him my name, along with my work tag he will see where I work and I will see what happens. Not sure.

Why would leering at each other for weeks, and then purposely going to his store be too early for numbers?

I have had guys give / ask for a number in the grocery store, at a bar etc without interacting with them at all previously.

Surely if he is interested, exchanging numbers "too soon" won't kill his attraction.

• Like 1

Sure tell him your name, have a conversation and when you're leaving why not just give him your number!

i ask for numbers even if i met a girl for 5 mins but then again i'm guy so i guess it's different! The way i see it if you want something or someone you need to go for it. Being bold is actually attractive.

• Author
Why would leering at each other for weeks, and then purposely going to his store be too early for numbers?

I have had guys give / ask for a number in the grocery store, at a bar etc without interacting with them at all previously.

Surely if he is interested, exchanging numbers "too soon" won't kill his attraction.

You are right, IF he is interested. Which was the original point of this thread, trying to determine if he is interested based on some recent events.

I have been forward with a guy before and he made me feel like an idiot for it so I guess there's a slight background fear of taking charge.

• Author
Sure tell him your name, have a conversation and when you're leaving why not just give him your number!

i ask for numbers even if i met a girl for 5 mins but then again i'm guy so i guess it's different! The way i see it if you want something or someone you need to go for it. Being bold is actually attractive.

Yeah it is different for guys, it is almost taboo for a girl to do the numbers thing first, hence my reservations with that.

I completely agree with you re being bold, I know guys love confidence but you also love mystery and the chase too..

RecentChange

I am a forward bold person and have received a lot of positive feedback from guys regarding it.

That they love confidence. That it's great that I go after what I want. That they are flattered that I showed an interest.

Sure you may be rejected, but is it really that horrible? Just don't go in his shop again.

Nothing to fear but fear itself. Nothing lost nothing gained. Takes risk to succeed and all of that.

• Like 3
Yeah it is different for guys, it is almost taboo for a girl to do the numbers thing first, hence my reservations with that.

I completely agree with you re being bold, I know guys love confidence but you also love mystery and the chase too..

Unusual, not taboo. Most women lack the balls to ask a guy out.

Trust me, if he likes you it won't be a problem.

• Like 3

It's not a taboo! it's different. Honestly just go for it, if he finds you attractive ( already checking you out) i doubt he'd mind.

• Like 1
  • Author
I am a forward bold person and have received a lot of positive feedback from guys regarding it.

That they love confidence. That it's great that I go after what I want. That they are flattered that I showed an interest.

Sure you may be rejected, but is it really that horrible? Just don't go in his shop again.

Nothing to fear but fear itself. Nothing lost nothing gained. Takes risk to succeed and all of that.

Personality wise I am the opposite to you, on the contrary I am reserved. Hence feeling out of my depth being bold, apart from that one time.

I don't know what it is, but I don't fall for guys easy, it takes a long time for someone to catch my attention but he has had this immediate effect on me. I guess I have that to lose ha.

• Like 1
Personality wise I am the opposite to you, on the contrary I am reserved. Hence feeling out of my depth being bold, apart from that one time.

I don't know what it is, but I don't fall for guys easy, it takes a long time for someone to catch my attention but he has had this immediate effect on me. I guess I have that to lose ha.

The only regrets in life are when you don't try. It's one thing to strike out but something else when you don't even go to bat.

I remember not asking out this girl when I worked as a cashier at a supermarket. She was eyeing me the entire time but her mom was there. She even left her purse behind but her mom brought it to her attention.

I still think about that sometimes. That was 30 years ago....

• Author
Unusual, not taboo. Most women lack the balls to ask a guy out.

Trust me, if he likes you it won't be a problem.

Yep! Agree. I'm sure he finds me attractive and I have peaked his interest in light of all events this month, whether he likes me is another story - if I knew that I would have 10x more sass about the whole thing.

• Author
The only regrets in life are when you don't try. It's one thing to strike out but something else when you don't even go to bat.

I remember not asking out this girl when I worked as a cashier at a supermarket. She was eyeing me the entire time but her mom was there. She even left her purse behind but her mom brought it to her attention.

I still think about that sometimes. That was 30 years ago....

:( you live and you learn. I bet you haven't made that same mistake twice!

• Author
It's not a taboo! it's different. Honestly just go for it, if he finds you attractive ( already checking you out) i doubt he'd mind.

Yeah I don't think any guy would mind getting a number from a girl he finds good looking, it is an ego boost for them too. I think I'm just set in the traditional guy pursues girl notion. It would be nice if I was rewarded for overcoming my fear of going in by karma per se and he takes the lead on that. But that's just a nice hypothetical.

salparadise
Yeah I don't think any guy would mind getting a number from a girl he finds good looking, it is an ego boost for them too. I think I'm just set in the traditional guy pursues girl notion. It would be nice if I was rewarded for overcoming my fear of going in by karma per se and he takes the lead on that. But that's just a nice hypothetical.

I used to freeze up when I was a youngster. I remember one girl who liked me, and she was super attractive, but I couldn't approach because of nerves or whatever. All of my guy friends were amazed that I wasn't on it. I'll never know what might have been because all we ever did was ogle each other wantonly. Don't let your opportunities pass you by. If you're able, just go up to the guy and take the pressure off. Ask him to grab a coffee or whatever. It's also best to do this before it gets totally awkward, which it may be somewhat already, but there is a window of opportunity that only open so long. Set the anxiety aside and just do it. You won't be sorry regardless of how it turns out. I don't regret any mistakes I made, only opportunities missed...

• Author
I used to freeze up when I was a youngster. I remember one girl who liked me, and she was super attractive, but I couldn't approach because of nerves or whatever. All of my guy friends were amazed that I wasn't on it. I'll never know what might have been because all we ever did was ogle each other wantonly. Don't let your opportunities pass you by. If you're able, just go up to the guy and take the pressure off. Ask him to grab a coffee or whatever. It's also best to do this before it gets totally awkward, which it may be somewhat already, but there is a window of opportunity that only open so long. Set the anxiety aside and just do it. You won't be sorry regardless of how it turns out. I don't regret any mistakes I made, only opportunities missed...

Sorry to hear of your regret, however things happen for a reason and you obviously weren't ready to break down that barrier at the time. What's done is done though.

Perfectly said, you definitely make a lot of sense. I am not the most forward person, 23 and quite introverted. I get a feeling he is interested at least given the countless times he has looked at me, even walking out of his store to do so, then calling me beautiful and such. However that doesn't signify automatically that he likes me, two relatively different things. I am due to see him again this week, so I will be subtly flirtatious. I was a touch reserved upon our first meeting (nerves). Hopefully a coffee will come. At least I have knocked over my first hurdle being generating the courage to go in.