Can I assume he's not interested?

RogueOne

I let this guy know I'm interested. He told me he has a girlfriend. I find out he's no longer seeing her. I still see him regularly. Before he I found out he had a GF, I always thought he liked me or found something interesting about me because he would always stare at me and follow me around. But now that he's not seeing anyone, he still hasn't approached me. Can I just assume he's not interested? If he was, he would've taken up on the chance with me by now? He has my number and we see each other on a weekly basis.

Cookiesandough
I let this guy know I'm interested. He told me he has a girlfriend. I find out he's no longer seeing her. I still see him regularly. Before he I found out he had a GF, I always thought he liked me or found something interesting about me because he would always stare at me and follow me around. But now that he's not seeing anyone, he still hasn't approached me. Can I just assume he's not interested? If he was, he would've taken up on the chance with me by now? He has my number and we see each other on a weekly basis.

If he knows you're interested, is single, and has ample opportunity to contact you, I think it is safe to assume he is not interested. Sorry. How long ago his rship ended and where he's at in his head may have something to do with it too.

• Like 1

He knows how to get ahold of you if he elects to pursue you.

Until then continue to meet and date other guys.

Also ask yourself do you want to get involved with someone who recently just got out of a relationship? There's a huge possibility of becoming the rebound person.

• Like 1
  • Author
If he knows you're interested, is single, and has ample opportunity to contact you, I think it is safe to assume he is not interested. Sorry. How long ago his rship ended and where he's at in his head may have something to do with it too.

I think they just broke up recently, at least a month ago. Which is another worry of mine because the guy is in his early 40's, and he was seeing this person a few months ago and already broken up? He can't seem to keep a relationship. He's never been married.

I know a lot of men will hate me for this, but my mother has told me that if a man hasn't settled down by his early thirties then there's something inherently flawed about them. If find that to be true in most cases.

So if he's in his 40's and has nothing to show for as in a long-term potential relationship then you have your answer in front of you.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough
I know a lot of men will hate me for this, but my mother has told me that if a man hasn't settled down by his early thirties then there's something inherently flawed about them. If find that to be true in most cases.

So if he's in his 40's and has nothing to show for as in a long-term potential relationship then you have your answer in front of you.

i think you and your momma may be on to something. Though times have changed and people are settling down later...most of the people I've heard about/onserved their 40s who haven't are just not in that frame of mind and hard to change that

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
I think they just broke up recently, at least a month ago. Which is another worry of mine because the guy is in his early 40's, and he was seeing this person a few months ago and already broken up? He can't seem to keep a relationship. He's never been married.

Can't seem to keep a relationship - or is good at spotting long term incompatibility and knowing when to walk away?

Why don't you just ask him to join you for lunch or drinks after work for something fun to do.

• Like 1