Can other people see who you contacted on date sites ?

Chilli

l've just been wondering something for well over a year now since l was on a date site the first time.

l was on Oasis , has anyone used that.?

But l had some weird sh@t happen , well maybe and l've always meant to ask about it.

Can girls talk to each other on date sites, namely Oasis, or run a guy down if they got a bee up their ass about him for some reason ?

And could they somehow know or find out who your talking too ?

See what happened, at the time l'd been on it a few mths and spoken to a few girls , met a few.

But then one contacted me and she wasn't someone l'd be romantically interested in but she was nice to talk to and l was honest about it.

For a few wks we'd text anytime and had a few calls , she'd ask me about any girls or tell me about any guys.

But then some weirdness started coming out with her.

And one day she sent me a text saying your not chilli your David.

l'm thinking wtf , and who the hell is David ?

So l text her back a picture of my full name on a bill , she knew where l lived and mt full name so it wasn't a biggie , nothing revealing.

She text back saying oh sh@t so sorry Chilli , there this guy on FB and l'm not joking , he's your twin.

l said wtf l'm not even on FB , show me. Reckons she lost the page though.

A few days later l said l'd met someone but it was early days and l was still talking to people on Oasis.

Well , from that exact point on , anyone l started talking to started deleting me.

One minute we'd be happily chatting away next time l log in , bam , she's gone .

l mean l had a few disappear earlier but at this point it became everyone.

Same pattern ,chat once or twice, log in next time, gone. It happened to the next 5 or 6girls l spoke to and the one l'd actually told her about l might be seeing also disappeared .

The only thing l've ever been able to explain it with , because it wasn't happening before l met her , was that she was somehow finding out and running me down .

Could they do that on Oasis ?

l can't see how, as far as l know there's no forum and l can't tell who the girls are talking too.

The logical thing to do is; If you have any questions about this particular site, usually at the bottom of their home page is a contact email. You will get proper information on how their system works and what there is for privacy.

No idea about your title question but I have had woman mail me warning me about various guys when I've used OLD.

I've had guys warning me about guys too.

• Author
No idea about your title question but I have had woman mail me warning me about various guys when I've used OLD.

I've had guys warning me about guys too.

Yeah right , did you know the people that were warning you ?

If they were friends of yours l could understand it, maybe they come across somebody suss and let all their friends know just encase.

But in this case , say if l take the age group l was looking for , there was something like 600 girls , l just don't see how she could randomly just pick and contact the few out of all those that l was talking too.

Or warn them about me when l was very nice to her , l just wasn't interested romantically so l don't even know why she'd be doing it if it was her.

But l can't think what else it could've been and she was a bit weird that one.

Ps , good idea about emailing the site , if l'm ever back into that stuff l might do that.

PegNosePete
The logical thing to do is; If you have any questions about this particular site, usually at the bottom of their home page is a contact email. You will get proper information on how their system works and what there is for privacy.

That may be logical but I very much doubt you'll get a reply. These free sites tend to get inundated with emails from free users and the limited customer services simply don't have the time to reply to each one. It's not in the sites interest to employ a load of customer services staff to answer questions from free users, for which they don't get any income. Money down the drain.

If you're a paying customer then it's another matter. But a free site, generally what you see is what you get, you can try searching the terms and conditions which should be published but I doubt you'll get a personal reply to an email enquiry of this nature. And even if you do get a reply it'll just be a link to their privacy policy, which you can find yourself easily enough anyway.

Yeah right , did you know the people that were warning you ?

If they were friends of yours l could understand it, maybe they come across somebody suss and let all their friends know just encase.

No, I didn't know any of the people who did this in any way at all.

• Author
No, I didn't know any of the people who did this in any way at all.

Hmm. Wonder why they chose to email you then or if they had a way of doing some bulk emailing thing to 100s of other people too.

Edited by Chilli
  • Author
Maybe someone stole your pictures and is catfishing these girls.

God don't tell me they can do that too. Tricky sh@t those damn date sites aren't they.