Why do I keep dreaming about a girl who rejected me even though I no longer like her?

xxgreen20

Back in October, I asked out a really pretty girl my age who I had liked for a while, and she gave me a "Yes, if I'm not too busy with school and work," and then that turned into a "I'm way too busy to go out right now." So, a rejection. It was obvious she did not feel the same way. I was very disappointed at first, but I eventually got over it and I do not have feelings for her anymore because I know that she doesn't like me that way. It had been only a month since my breakup with my ex when I asked her out, and I wasn't doing it for a rebound, I genuinely liked her. Now, since the rejection, I've dreamt about her twice. One time we were at a party and slow dancing and looking into each other's eyes setting up a date because she liked me also. We were about to kiss when I woke up. Then last night, I dreamed that we were both leaving a class, and she was at the door and I was still in the room, and she came back specifically to say goodbye to me and we hugged and then I woke up. So based on these dreams, is it possible that I still like her a little bit and just don't know it? I haven't seen her with another guy yet, so I don't know how I would feel if it happened, but just wondering.

Why do I keep dreaming about a girl who rejected me even though I no longer like her?

Because you got far deeper personal issues going on...

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara

I assume that there hasn't been anyone else since your ex? If that is the case, it it probably suggests that you are longing for that romantic connection again, and this girl is just the embodiment of that feeling in your dream.

Some people might dream about a faceless person or someone they know, but the dreams aren't so much about them, but the feelings it evokes.

Perhaps your subconscious is trying to tell you that you are ready to meet someone else?

• Like 1
  • Author
I assume that there hasn't been anyone else since your ex? If that is the case, it it probably suggests that you are longing for that romantic connection again, and this girl is just the embodiment of that feeling in your dream.

Some people might dream about a faceless person or someone they know, but the dreams aren't so much about them, but the feelings it evokes.

Perhaps your subconscious is trying to tell you that you are ready to meet someone else?

Yes, I have been single since my ex dumped me in September.

Cookiesandough

Bruised ego. Humans have an innate drive to succeed and problem-solve. We set a goal to try to achieve/aqcuire it. When we don't succeed, it bothers us to different extents and we think on what went wrong. This is why we want what we can't have. It's what keeps us progressing and thriving as a species. It doesn't always hit right away, like in your case. It will pass.

You should always have a backup in case you don't have to feel like this. Now your too hooked into one woman that has rejected you. Like that song that goes you can't her out of head or mind. That's really bad. I have backup so I don't have to think about anyone like that. Because from experience he can lead to some sleepless nights a head. Contact your friends go hand out go to a movie that can make you laugh, or something that can change your mind. Do not go where you use to take her because that will just make it worst for you to get over her!!!

• Author
I think it might be time to do something about that.

I'm not going to get a girlfriend just because I don't want to be alone. In fact, I am perfectly fine with being single. I would rather wait until I naturally meet another girl that catches my interest. I understand that girls usually don't approach guys, but I don't want to go out looking and ask out the first attractive option I see. My ex only dated me so that she wouldn't be single and then dumped me when another guy caught her fancy, and I would never do that to somebody.

Scarlett.O'hara

You're right, that was a selfish thing for her to do. I wouldn't recommend settling for someone you weren't 100% keen on either. I hope that you meet someone that you really like.

• Author
You're right' date=' that was a selfish thing for her to do. I wouldn't recommend settling for someone you weren't 100% keen on either. I hope that you meet someone that you really like.[/quote']

Someone asked me out the other day and I rejected her because the attraction just wasn't there for me. I was thinking I should go out with her because this NEVER happens to me, but I knew better.

TunaInTheBrine

Ah, gotta love dreams.

I haven't read any of the other responses here so far, but there are so many ways to play with ideas here about what your dreams mean that it really would be a frivolous pursuit to try and interpret it with someone over the internet. I do believe dreams are a powerful source for learning. Freud once said dreams were "the royal road to the unconscious mind."

One thing I will say though is that the meaning of dreams is not necessarily always the same as the content of dreams. In other words, it is possible that this woman you were into was a symbol in your dream for something else (e.g. hope, love, etc...) that is going on in your life currently, and that she just so happens to be a relevant symbol.

Blah. Anyway, if you liked what I said, that'll be $150 :p

• Like 1