Should I let her go

Simplicity12

Hello Everyone. I am an international student in the US , I knew someone here and I am so in love with her. In the beginning, everything was good, then the woman decided that we should end this because we are so different. She is 10 years older than me, and she is christian , however I am a 'deist' ;just believe in a god. She expressed her concerns once to me, and I told her , I am not against her religion and she should be patient with me, she said she will. Then now, she is back with the same story and she said that she doed not see that we can get married. She still says she loves me so much too. I think she is just hurt because of her last marriage .

I don't know what to do because I don't want loose her.

Religion breaks a lot of people apart. Certain sects of Christianity are anything but Christian, meaning they are very judgmental & closed minded. Especially if her brand beliefs that everybody has to be that religion, she is telling you she can't handle the pressure. So sadly, I think you need to let her go.

• Like 2

Being a Christian she is looking for someone she is "equally yoked" with and you two are not. It's very unlikely this will work out.

• Like 1

Some people are quite relaxed about dating people from different religions, but in this lady's case, she may worry that your differences will drive you apart. This may have been the reason why her last marriage ended.

She's told you multiple times that she wants to end the relationship so it sounds final to me. You should try to pull away. Don't pursue her anymore.

• Like 1

If you love her that much, why not convert to her belief? Maybe this is her way of asking you without being the one to suggest it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it.

I just want clarify some things : I told her I am open to all religions and she never knows, I am not saying I will be christian but I am ready to experience. Don't you guys think it is age problem too ? it is 10 years difference ? I forgot to say that I am leaving the US in like 4 months too ..

Edited by Simplicity12

Don't you guys think it is age problem too ? it is 10 years difference ? I forgot to say that I am leaving the US in like 4 months too ..

that should have been in your first post.

The age issue isn't an issue for anyone but you. If YOU think 10 years is too much, then YOU need to do what makes YOU feel most comfortable.

If you're leaving the US in 4 months, then tell her that you're out of here in 4 months. You can't promise much of anything to her seeing that you're not going to be living here. What is the point in becoming exclusive with someone who is leaving?

You both should concentrate on finding someone in close proximity to where you're going to be living instead of trying to make a non-relationship into a love affair to end all love affairs. She's talking about setting you adrift--that's not the actions of someone who is invested in you.

My advice is to concentrate on moving back to your home country and not worry about this woman. She understands that as far the intersection of her husband goals and her religion goes, you are not found there, going by what you've written.

Some things are life lesson and not meant to be...

• Like 1

Don't push her away you are going to at this rate. Try to get off the phone or text and see if you can talk in person. Try to work things out that way if you can. Otherwise it might be more than religion going on here. You mention she was married prior what happen?

• Author
Don't push her away you are going to at this rate. Try to get off the phone or text and see if you can talk in person. Try to work things out that way if you can. Otherwise it might be more than religion going on here. You mention she was married prior what happen?

I don't have any problems with age, she said she does ...

And I am planning to back to the US to work here.

I don't have any problems with age, she said she does ...

And I am planning to back to the US to work here.

You might want to think of a plan B. Things may not work out the way you think right now.