does texting indicate interest?

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

I've been bad w/spotting one sided relationships, so I want a guy who is actually interested in me. I went to an event I go every year, I knew I would meet guys there, but I never expected to find a guy who was really into me. Usually at that event, I meet a guy, dance w/him, exchange numbers and he falls off the face of the earth. Not this one lol. Although he lives a couple hours drive away from me, we did talk about starting something more serious after a little time. I saw him yesterday at the event (I was working it, its a weekend thing) and we went out for coffee. We talked for hours. He told me he was very busy and usually during the day he cannot have his phone on him He doesn't text much, but has replied to mine. Could he be taking it slow? I don't trust anything a guy says anymore above his actions cause my long distance ex always told me he loved me, but he never made an effort to keep good contact. After all he waited for me for 2 hours to have coffee w/me despite having to drive home for 2 hours. I guess maybe guys haven't really been that nice to me, it feels good to have someone care.

I've been bad w/spotting one sided relationships, so I want a guy who is actually interested in me. I went to an event I go every year, I knew I would meet guys there, but I never expected to find a guy who was really into me. Usually at that event, I meet a guy, dance w/him, exchange numbers and he falls off the face of the earth. Not this one lol. Although he lives a couple hours drive away from me, we did talk about starting something more serious after a little time. I saw him yesterday at the event (I was working it, its a weekend thing) and we went out for coffee. We talked for hours. He told me he was very busy and usually during the day he cannot have his phone on him He doesn't text much, but has replied to mine. Could he be taking it slow? I don't trust anything a guy says anymore above his actions cause my long distance ex always told me he loved me, but he never made an effort to keep good contact. After all he waited for me for 2 hours to have coffee w/me despite having to drive home for 2 hours. I guess maybe guys haven't really been that nice to me, it feels good to have someone care.

it feels very good to have someone care. And it can be excruciatingly painful to find out that someone you thought cared about you actually doesn't. And then we can be anxious about whether they care or not when they don't do things the way we would expect. That anxiety can cause all sorts of problems and actually be self fulfilling by pushing the other person away.

Pay attention to what he does, not what he says. And when he shows you the type of person he is, believe him.

As to your question....

Waiting 2 hours in order to be able to have coffee with you shows he is definitely interested. I wouldn't wait 2 hours for someone under those circumstances unless I was totally into her.

He alerted you to his texting style. I'm assuming it has caused problems for him in the past. As long as he is reasonably responsive and you two are able to move things forward, I wouldn't worry.

Maybe phone calls would work better than text.

2 hours is a long drive but that doesn't mean it can't work. Long term, if things progress, one or both of you will have to relocate. Is that even a reasonable thing to consider given your situations? For example, I'm tied to my area by my children. I'm not going to be moving for someone.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
it feels very good to have someone care. And it can be excruciatingly painful to find out that someone you thought cared about you actually doesn't. And then we can be anxious about whether they care or not when they don't do things the way we would expect. That anxiety can cause all sorts of problems and actually be self fulfilling by pushing the other person away.

Pay attention to what he does, not what he says. And when he shows you the type of person he is, believe him.

As to your question....

Waiting 2 hours in order to be able to have coffee with you shows he is definitely interested. I wouldn't wait 2 hours for someone under those circumstances unless I was totally into her.

He alerted you to his texting style. I'm assuming it has caused problems for him in the past. As long as he is reasonably responsive and you two are able to move things forward, I wouldn't worry.

Maybe phone calls would work better than text.

2 hours is a long drive but that doesn't mean it can't work. Long term, if things progress, one or both of you will have to relocate. Is that even a reasonable thing to consider given your situations? For example, I'm tied to my area by my children. I'm not going to be moving for someone.

Good luck.

Yes it was very painful giving my heart (long distance) to guy who didn't care about me, he actually ended up leaving me like 2 weeks ago, he had lost his connection to me, but still loves me. The relationship was short and now I understand a total waste of time and money. I was willing to relocate, so I would be willing to move if needed (way too soon too tell). Its just ive been burned and I'm having a hard time putting myself in (when not physically w/the person). My ex told me all the sweet things, but didn't treat me right. Guess I'll to see...

Edited by Ilovelifeforwhatcome

Texting indicates that he is texting, nothing more.

What indicates interest is enthusiasm and taking the initiative to meet up in real life.

Unless you're looking for a penpal... phonepal?

• Like 1

Him waiting 2 hours is a positive sign.

Texting is texting. It's better than nothing but it's the lowest most un-invested form of possibly being interested. Unless he calls & asks to meet again it's meaningless.

Moreover if he's only responding, not initiating, it means he is NOT interested. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
Him waiting 2 hours is a positive sign.

Texting is texting. It's better than nothing but it's the lowest most un-invested form of possibly being interested. Unless he calls & asks to meet again it's meaningless.

Moreover if he's only responding, not initiating, it means he is NOT interested. Sorry.

He has initiated and told me he wanted to see me again (he lives a couple hours drive away). Plus when he responds he writes long messages.