Should I reach out ?

NotASkunk

My ex and I have been back-and-forth over the last few months about trying to remain in a relationship with each other. It all ended over the weekend and I need advice about a situation that happened early on in our break up. When we first broke up I thought that dating would be a great distraction from my heart ache but I was wrong. I met some nice men, one in particular who took me out to a nice restaurant He was a true gentleman. I ended up crying at the table and

making a fool of myself. Now that it's eight months after the break up with my ex I am ready to go out again. I'd like to make contact with the man who took me out as he has reached out to me several times over the last few months but since I was focused on my Old relationship and trying to get it back on track I never even responded to him. Should I reach out to him again? I feel a really big need to put myself out there and have a good time again. I am so tired of waiting for the one I thought I loved to be with me and now I just want to have fun. I relish the idea of being single and dating. I feel like I've let my heart drag around for so long and I want to smile again. I'm embarrassed because I never returned any of his calls and he still kept pursuing me after my embarrassing crying at the restaurant he took me to. Should I reach out to him? Thank you for your thoughts.

I would wait a bit. You don't sound like you are completely over your ex and like you have dealt with all the fallout. It sounds like you want to enter the next relationship to shield you from all the emotions that are still unaddressed. I suspect the new RS won't go well, before you've dealt with the previous one.

Good luck.