Accidentally double booked my night, thoughts?

avoforastig

I accidentally setup a date to go dancing with a new girl I'm dating the same night my friends' cover band is playing. We didn't have any details set for the date other than the day/activity. We have been out on 4 dates at this point. It's a group of relatively new friends that I'd like to support. They definitely are not the most intimate friends I have though. I thought about asking the girl if she wanted to go their show, as I think it will be a good time. However, some people get really ruffled if you modify plans.

That being said, she hasn't met any of my friends at this point so I'm not sure if it's too soon. They usually take a short break but other than that my friends should be tied up with playing the music the majority of the time.

I think it could be a fun date and offer an opportunity to get to know her in a different way than our other dates. This is the type of activity that makes me happy, so I'd like to see how she reacts. It's also similar to the original date idea. Does this seem reasonable or do I have to flake my friends?

That sounds like a cool date. Who doesn't love live music, unless it is a type of music she totally wouldn't like.

You should tell her enthusiastically about it. If she doesn't really sound up to it, are you willing to just go dancing?

Edited by dumbass2

I would definitely invite her to the show as this sounds like a more comfortable date than the dancing one (unless you're a good dancer). She gets to see you at ease and meet your friends. When you introduce her to your friends, you don't have to give any titles, but for the love of god, don't introduce her as your 'friend', otherwise you'll be placed firmly into the friend zone.

• Author
That sounds like a cool date. Who doesn't love live music, unless it is a type of music she totally wouldn't like.

You should tell her enthusiastically about it. If she doesn't really sound up to it, are you willing to just go dancing?

They play cover music similar what you could expect to here to you went to do karaoke. It's a variety of crowd pleaser stuff. The date isn't until next Saturday, so I feel like it's far enough away to change the plan. I'm also not trying to flake on her.

If she didn't want to go, it would probably be a big turn off actually and I'd learn some valuable information about her. My main issue is that I really try to be a man of my word. At the the same time we could go dancing anytime but maybe friends' band only plays once in awhile.

The only reason I thought about it is my last gf used to get really pist any time I tried to modify plans, one reason we had to breakup.

Edited by avoforastig

I would just be honest - you booked the date with her the same night you had something else and see if she would be interested in tagging along.