This Probably Wouldnt Go Well???

Dis

I just had a phone call with the guy I have a date with on Saturday

I'm left feeling alittle....ehhh :sick:

But Please tell me if I'm wrong

The phone call started out great! He was so concerned with my car accident that happened a few days ago, very caring and wanted to hear what happened. He sounded intelligent and had no problem carrying on a convo. He asked a lot about me...good...good...good

Then...he tells me he lied about his age on match (where we met) he said he was 37 but he's 39 and his pics, 'are a few years old' My ex lied about his age when we first met and I cant even begin to count the other things he lied about....the pics being old...I'm not too concerned about that as long as he doesnt look totally different or 50lbs heavier

He went on to tell me about his dating history. He didnt talk badly about his exs which is great. Nothing seemed too off there. Hes had relationships that have lasted anywhere from 6 years to a year. He's moved around the U.S a lot so I asked him if he wants to keep moving or settle down. He said he def wants to stay here and, "be a good Dad and a good Husband"

He seemed to echo a lot of what I was saying though, almost like they werent his own thoughts...a lot of, "Thats a really good point" and then went on to give an example of how his way of dating lines up with that point...but it sounded disingenuous

He also said, "I know women around your age are feeling a lot of pressure to settle down, hormones and everything." Really? I'm 30, dude :rolleyes:

He was at a busy restaurant when he called me, hes traveling (only the next state over) so it seemed like he wasnt really listening to me that much, which I could give him a pass on this once because of where he was

He sounded remarkably similar to my ex, the one who love bombed me and landed me here on LS. So similar it was bizzare...but I know that means nothing

The last thing...hes new to OLD. I just read one of Gaeta's posts where she doesnt date guys that are new because they have that 'I can do better' mentality. He's done OLD before but that was in his early 30's

So there it is....you tell me LS! :D

Thanks guys! :D

I would run! Lying out the gate is not a good way to start any relationship. Bring cookies to the cop amd see what happens with him.

• Like 4
  • Author
I would run! Lying out the gate is not a good way to start any relationship. Bring cookies to the cop amd see what happens with him.

The cop is taken :(

*Kicking and stomping feet*

• Like 1
AdentureWithMe

If you're already having doubts post phone call I'd say that's a warning sign. He lied about his age and the thing he said about "hormones" is just weird and kinda gross.

Some guys automatically think women are a bunch of baby and marriage eager bubbling machines. Sure some of us might want this, but to talk about "women wanting to settle down/hormones" on a first phone call, just speaks to low class and a feeble mind I think.

A first date with this guy will probably entertaining, but prob not the start of a beautiful relationship.

• Like 5

Don't waste your time on this guy, your ex did the same and it was a bad relationship. You already recognize the red flags so break the cycle of dating ****ty men.

• Like 3

I have to say lying = deal breaker! No matter what it's about. You'll always think this guy is sus as he already tampered with the trust element so early on! I once went on a date with a guy who lied and said he was 29 when he was really 30 (no idea why...not like a year makes any difference, but I think it showed a propensity to tell meaningless lies, or even worse, an insecurity about age!!). Long story short, I was always trying to catch him in other lies so I then had to walk away despite my friends telling me that the small fib was no big deal!

With your dude, it's not like 39 is so much older than 37 so it's alarming that he'd see it necessary to lie!!

• Like 3
I have to say lying = deal breaker! No matter what it's about. You'll always think this guy is sus as he already tampered with the trust element so early on! I once went on a date with a guy who lied and said he was 29 when he was really 30 (no idea why...not like a year makes any difference, but I think it showed a propensity to tell meaningless lies, or even worse, an insecurity about age!!). Long story short, I was always trying to catch him in other lies so I then had to walk away despite my friends telling me that the small fib was no big deal!

With your dude, it's not like 39 is so much older than 37 so it's alarming that he'd see it necessary to lie!!

He was probably trying to get in under her search radar because he's looking for a younger woman (his reasons could be for good or ill).

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

A man that finds it easy to lie...lies easily. Simple as that. I learned the hard way. It's never just "this one time"....

• Like 2

I met a guy who lied about his age through OLD, he said he was 36 when he was actually 42. He then kept quiet about having a son, then lied about splitting from his partner, when he was actually stilling living with her. Turns out this guy was a compulsive liar and extremely insecure.

In my experience, it starts off with a small lie, then they get bigger. Once he's drawn you into to his web of deceit, it gets difficult to walk away, so I would start pulling away from this guy. Sorry if it's not want to hear. But once a liar, always a liar.

Also, his old pics suggest that he doesn't look so good now, otherwise why can't he use a recent pic?!

• Like 1
I never understood people that lie about their age on OLD. Why lie only to have to eventually tell someone you lied?

Because they never intend to have a real relationship with you anyway!!

It's all just a play game to them.

• Like 2

Lying about age is just insecurity. And being insecure doesn't necessarily mean a person is evil or manipulating. While I would ignore that part but his other comment doesn't seem good. If he is making you uncomfortable then dont meet him.

• Like 1
Because they never intend to have a real relationship with you anyway!!

It's all just a play game to them.

That makes me glad I don't understand it, I wouldn't ever want to be that guy.

• Like 1

I would stay away from this one personally.

An ex lodger of mine was dating a guy who was a couple of years younger than her.

As they continued to date he admitted lying about his age and that he was actually the same age as her.

Further into the relationship he admitted lying again about his age - not just once but several times and the last I knew he was 7 years older than her.

If you're curious then meet him but if you're serious about finding a good man then I wouldn't waste any more time on him.

His hormones comment was off too.

How old did he say his photos were?

• Like 1

The age lie....he told you the truth. OLD is one big bait and switch anyway. Little red flag.

The love bombing and similarities to the ex.

Run.

It sounds like he is giving you the reel.

Using words like "husband" "father" and projecting all your views and emulating them.

Cut the cord... good thing the dating gods got in your way.

• Like 1

Go to next D.

I remember a time I was forgiving men for lying about their age but then discovered soon it's just the tip of the iceberg and they have a tendency to lie about other things, they also bend the truth a lot in their favor and they feel totally justified to do so.

And this comment about 'women your age' eerrgg! it's written Mister-know-it-all all over him but the version that really knows nothing.

• Like 3

The last thing...hes new to OLD. I just read one of Gaeta's posts where she doesnt date guys that are new because they have that 'I can do better' mentality. He's done OLD before but that was in his early 30's

This point... just wondering. Is this a consensus? I have always wondered if dating a online newbie is a good idea.

Or someone who has taken a break (year or so) and come back.

And noting the age lies - I recently had two men have their ages be different then what they state online. Only off by two years for both of them (they were older then they stated). They said the site would not allow them to change, which made me say huh?

But it was clear they were also on the fun time prowl. I chalked it up to trying to get younger women.

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl

I think guys lie about their ages to get younger women and that "my pictures are a few years old" thing sounds pretty familiar that way too. (You don't have a phone, guy? You couldn't, and haven't, taken literally hundreds of pictures of "whatever" and whomever in just probably the past year alone?)

With that aside, you already have far more doubts/concerns than positives so I'd say...just no. Move on. :)

Cookiesandough
This point... just wondering. Is this a consensus? I have always wondered if dating a online newbie is a good idea.

Probably is some truth to it. But my experiences have been with guys who on the other end of the spectrum, too -- ones who have been on there years. That "internet shopping" mentality can be hard to break out of.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

might be some truth to it!. But my experiences have been with guys who on the other end of the spectrum -- ones who have been on there years. That "internet shopping" mentality can be hard to break out of.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would stay away from this one personally.

An ex lodger of mine was dating a guy who was a couple of years younger than her.

As they continued to date he admitted lying about his age and that he was actually the same age as her.

Further into the relationship he admitted lying again about his age - not just once but several times and the last I knew he was 7 years older than her.

If you're curious then meet him but if you're serious about finding a good man then I wouldn't waste any more time on him.

His hormones comment was off too.

How old did he say his photos were?

Thanks Gemma! :D

I'm looking for a good guy, the real deal. I dont have time or energy to waste on a guy like this

Plus he would just end up making me feel more jaded about dating...and thats the last thing I need :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Author
Go to next D.

I remember a time I was forgiving men for lying about their age but then discovered soon it's just the tip of the iceberg and they have a tendency to lie about other things, they also bend the truth a lot in their favor and they feel totally justified to do so.

And this comment about 'women your age' eerrgg! it's written Mister-know-it-all all over him but the version that really knows nothing.

Thanks G! :D

Ya I've actually experinced this first hand. Like I said, my ex lied about his age when we first started dating and throughout the relationship he continued to lie about small things...big things....horrible things....and he lied with the greatest of ease...it was second nature to him

I'm going to pass on this guy

Then I'm going to hid my match profile...the only on OLD profile I have left :(

• Like 2