Can you review my dating profile description?

SWIPE_ME_NOT

I have been trying online dating recently. I wouldn't say its been a total failure as i have had a couple of dates.

But recently i have been noticing my matches are reading my messages and viewing my profile. But when they view my profile they do not spend long on it and usually they don't respond.

(Yes i can actually see how long they view my profile for if they view it when im online).

If any of you could review my profile text which i will post below it would be great. Nothing is exaggerated or lied about in this, it in my opinion explains my personality and lifestyle.

Headline: you + me + our passports =?.

Anyone who knows me will understand that I’m a pretty outgoing guy who likes to fill his days rather than sit back and let the world slip by. I’ve been successful in my career, so I’m keen to indulge in my hobbies and social life; though work’s important, it’s certainly not the be all and end all!

Pretty sporty and I like to keep active by running, cycling and going to the gym,

but sometimes I like to unwind by doing something creative like drawing and

painting as well.

I enjoy the outdoors and any activities that get me out into the fresh air are my

favourites. While I’m not an adrenaline junkie as such, I do like to do adventurous things like white water rafting; I also enjoy long walks and hikes up hills just so I can run back (or roll) down the other side.

I’ve also finally bitten the bullet and booked my first skydiving session - I guess

I’ll get enough fresh air at 12,000 feet to last me a lifetime!

I love to travel and explore new places, and even the journey itself can be

exhilarating. If I can get out on my motorcycle or enjoy the thrill of driving one

of my cars, then I’m a happy man. Though it might sound like I’m a bit of a jet-setter, at heart I’m looking for a long term relationship with a fun loving woman who’s on my wavelength and doesn’t waste time with boredom. Although The right person for me is bright and funny with an easy-going approach to life and a bit of an adventurous streak so we can go globe-trotting together!

If this sounds like you, come and say hi!

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to read this.

<snip>

exhilarating. If I can get out on my motorcycle or enjoy the thrill of driving one

of my cars, then I’m a happy man.

Hey there! :D

The underlined could be taken out

The bold is a bit repetitious...we get it...you like to do fun stuff! Lol :

I would talk briefly about one of your paintings and what it meant to you

As a woman, I like it when guys talk about what makes them happy in a relationship

You did a great job describing what you want in a woman

I think its a pretty good profile overall! :D Very positive and upbeat!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Truncate quote
  • Like 1

The way you've worded it will mean you will attract quite active women. If that's what you want - you've nailed it. You seem like a very 'go go go' person.

However, I wonder if your life ever includes lazy Sundays reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. Do you ever go to the pub for an afternoon with friends? What about going to the movies on a rainy weekend afternoon?

If this isn't you, then please disregard my suggestions. But if there's space in your life for a woman who enjoys a bit of downtime to balance the activities, you may want to tweak it a bit.

• Like 3
Scarlett.O'hara

Your profile focuses almost solely on your hobbies, which for some women might come across as a little superficial and limiting if they don't share those specific interests.

It also makes it very clear that you don't like to sit still for a moment. That isn't going to appeal to women who enjoy relaxing or living a slower pace lifestyle.

It will probably only appeal to like minded women, but they will be a select few, so it might take a while to find.

• Like 3

Also agree with basil and Scarlett

A lot of women have full time jobs and cant be on the go alllll the time...so they might pass on you

Resting and cozying up for a nice night in is underrated, at least IMO

But if you really do like to be on the go all the time then keep it as is

• Like 1

The profile should get you an active partner. The headline could stand to be refined. The mention of passport could give the wrong woman the idea that you will be treating her to lots of expensive travel. Perhaps omit the word. I'd change the headline to

You + me + that certain X factor = adventure

• Like 2

I ran a check on selected text and it only shows up on LoveShack so be advised that, since the thread has responses, it won't be deleted so I'd strongly suggest changing wording in any actual dating profile to not tie it back to here. Thanks!

• Like 4

It is totally contradictory. I am not an adrenaline junkie but i'm going skydiving ann white water rafting. Im not this but I do that. You say you are not something but then give examples that show you are exactly what you say you aren't.

it sounds to me like you want a travel buddy and a companion to do extreme sports

Do you want a LTR, looking to settle down? Anything? Or do you just want a travel buddy whom you sleep with as that is how it sounds.

• Like 3

In my opinion you've made it extremely clear that you like to keep active and that travelling is very important to you. So I guess most women who have regular jobs and busy lifestyles will find you exhausting or difficult to keep up with. If I was a single woman reading you profile, I would worry that you wouldn't have time for me or don't enjoy just sitting back and chiing out every now and then. But maybe that's because I like to relax as I am quite busy myself.

Personally, I wouldn't change anything about what you've written as it clearly describes who you are and the type of person you are looking for. You may be appealing to a small minority of women which is why you don't get many responses. Maybe tone down the profile a little as there is a of of detail about your interests which seem to get repeated over and over I.e. you made it clear in the first paragraph that you are adventurous, but then you reinforce the point with even more examples.

• Like 2

As someone who found my husband on an online dating site 4 years ago, I can tell you that I've made numerous changes to my profile before I finally had it the way I wanted. I even searched Google for tips and it really worked!

In your profile you can add a bit more of what you would do for the girl in your life. Are you romantic? Will you take her out to nice restaurants? Will you watch romantic movies with her? Romance is key!

Also, add a bit of humor to your profile. When I was looking through profiles of men, that made me look twice.

• Like 1

I’m a pretty outgoing guy who likes to fill his days rather than sit back and let the world slip by.

Pretty sporty and I like to keep active by running, cycling and going to the gym,

but sometimes I like to unwind by doing something creative like drawing and

painting as well.

I enjoy the outdoors and any activities that get me out into the fresh air are my

While I’m not an adrenaline junkie as such, I do like to do adventurous things like white water rafting; I also enjoy long walks and hikes up hills just so I can run back (or roll) down the other side.

I’ve also finally bitten the bullet and booked my first skydiving session - I guess

I’ll get enough fresh air at 12,000 feet to last me a lifetime!

of my cars, then I’m a happy man. Though it might sound like I’m a bit of a jet-setter, at heart I’m looking for a long term relationship with a fun loving woman who’s on my wavelength and doesn’t waste time with boredom. Although The right person for me is bright and funny with an easy-going approach to life and a bit of an adventurous streak so we can go globe-trotting together!

A lot of women have full time jobs and cant be on the go alllll the time...so they might pass on you

Romance is key!

Just a perspective, your profile is cool, but as someone stated so many women are so busy. I don’t know one woman I have ever met who had the time to do a fraction of what you stated. Maybe one major vacation or something but NOBODY does all of that stuff all the time.

I don’t know how old you are but if you are let’s say 45 and under looking if they have kids, No, continuing career no, senior at career, no. And the other thing you must consider is the women you are trying to attract you have to take their current lifestyles friends, family into consideration.

While they may like what you have to say and what you do, would they be participating in your activities and will she have to put her lifestyle on the backburner for your activities.

A woman wants to know how she fits into you world and also as stated you don’t talk about anything of depth, romance. Driving one of your cars? Who frankly cares?

Guys post profiles like this all the time, sort of a peacock feathers flashing thing.

Don't know how you look either, don't know your personality regardless of the stuff you put in a profile that still is the number one selling point.

I agree with Foundlove, you have zero humor in your profile. And just my opinion, I find it a bit pretentious to post about your possessions and how many toys you have...lame. This crap doesn't impress anyone but maybe other guys.

less is more...keep it simple, less details, leave some mystery, be flirty, mention romance or something romantic. Don't write it out like you have to prove something.

My two cents... You sound like 90%+ of men on OLD.

I find it helpful to write a few bullet points or stories illustrating these qualities instead of just saying you're funny or whatever. That will distinguish you from a lot of men on OLD. Plus it can be good material for questions or to explain stories. It's more fun to ask 'So how in the wold did you get stuck on a raft in the Pacific Ocean?' and hear a crazy story than 'How many countries have you traveled to?' and get something generic back.

Another thing is that many men on OLD are playing the numbers so when they message with something basic and I read a profile like that, I have no idea what to say back as it's pretty generic. If I can't figure out what we have in common and what would be fun about spending time with you, you look like most of the other guys on OLD trying to get my attention and time. I only have so much time so I give it to the guys who show me they would be fun to spend a few hours with. I could say something back like 'So why skydiving?' but to be honest that sort of conversation would likely fizzle soon as I really don't care about stuff like that.

• Like 1