How do I talk to my crush?

Pinhead Larry

Pinhead Larry

There's this girl and we have the same major and we both work in the student TV broadcast and she's the host and I'm the cameraman so she's always busy and I can never get close enough to her. I don't know what to do at all. Literally I have no idea what to do or how to act properly. Yes I was sheltered, I know.

I kind of need a play by play of how to talk to a girl I like without instantly getting in the friend zone. I've never done anything with a girl before. I never had a girl in my room by myself before. Never kissed. Held hands. Been on a date or even ate at the same table with a girl. I haven't even hugged a girl in 10 months so yeah. I keep trying to give up but I can't stop thinking about her.

I feel like I have to do everything right and I still could fail over a multiple of variablea such as being too tall or too short. Too big or too skinny. Or not attractive to her. Or I don't dress nice enough. What do I do or do I just give up?

The key to talking to a girl is.. talk to everyone.

Think of her as another person, take the girl bit out of the equation. Shes a person, just talk to her like you would anyone else to start a conversation.

If you feel too nervous to talk to her yet, talk to a lot of other people, start conversations with random people and get comfortable with it.

You could get shot down by a lot of people for a lot of reasons, you have to learn to not miss out on the opportunity just because you're afraid of being rejected. Rejection is a part of life, let it roll off your shoulders like water... something better will reveal itself.

Practice talking to all sorts of people. Try to remember your crush is just a person. She breathes in & out like everybody else.

Try saying a few things to her when you are behind the camera but off the air. Tell her something about what you see through your lens that will improve her on camera presentation.

In class ask to borrow her notes. See if she will study with you.

These may land you in the friend zone but before you can flirt you have to learn to at least talk.

If such a group exists near you try joining ToastMasters. It's really about public speaking but it can help with shyness.