Girl isnt texting back after second date

ericericeric

have been dating this girl for the past 2 weeks and i think i like her. She iniated a hug and asked to hangout every week?We hit it off pretty good one the first.

However she takes really long to reply to my texts sometimes maybe 8-9hours?When we first texted both of us took quite awhile to reply to each other ,Im thinking maybe she doesnt really like me?What do you guys think of this?

Update: I know shes online because she updates her social media and stuff. I told her i take quite awhile to reply when we started texting each other and she said that she does too. I really want to talk to her now. However the signals she is giving me is to stop and sometimes go. Is she hinting me? We didnt text for 9days,

Today i just sent her the text to ask her if we are still hanging out. She hasnt reply in 8hours. I know she is not replying because she is posting on social media and she did tell me she takes awhile to reply to messages too but not as long as now. I would think that if shes really not interested she would block me on whatsapp or instagram but she didnt. I am feeling so messed up .What do i do?

Edited by ericericeric
  • Author
Blow her off. If she was interested she wouldn't take so long to reply back.

Any chance of her being shy or not wanting to seem annoying? Shes 20 and has never been in a relationship before. Im sad because i thought this would go somewhere since she showed lot of signs of interest maybe i was an idiot and didnt take it when it was showed to me

What you need to do in this case is talk to other girls,

You need to fill your time because the void you are feeling might not be directly caused by her passiveness, but rather lack of initiative by your part to look for other girls.

Best way to see it you need to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm :) until your phone is loaded with messages from girls all over

:love:

Cookiesandough

she's not that interested. But since you probably must find out on your own, ask to see her again and see if she's down.. I'd just start moving on.

• Like 1
  • Author
she's not that interested. But since you probably must find out on your own, ask to see her again and see if she's down.. I'd just start moving on.

ahhh alright then... this is sad we have been talking for about 3months now and only hung out recently because of school work and job.

• Author
What you need to do in this case is talk to other girls,

You need to fill your time because the void you are feeling might not be directly caused by her passiveness, but rather lack of initiative by your part to look for other girls.

Best way to see it you need to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm :) until your phone is loaded with messages from girls all over

:love:

Might be. i feel really good when im with her and enjoy every second of it :(

Cookiesandough
ahhh alright then... this is sad we have been talking for about 3months now and only hung out recently because of school work and job.

See that's kind of weird right there. 3 mo? Yeah I get school and work..It literally takes an hour to meet with someone unless you live a great distance. Talking regularly for 3 mo without meeting is taking a big gamble because you've got a certain level of emotional attachment by then but you don't know how the other feelings are gonna pan out when you meet(for both people).

• Like 2
  • Author
See that's kind of weird right there. 3 mo? Yeah I get school and work..It literally takes an hour to meet with someone unless you live a great distance. Talking regularly for 3 mo without meeting is taking a big gamble because you've got a certain level of emotional attachment by then but you don't know how the other feelings are gonna pan out when you meet(for both people).

Yup, 3months. We met through online dating. She wasnt ready to meet for the first month because she said she wasnt ready and thinks she doesnt look the same as her picture so we dragged it out abit. The month after i went overseas for a month and came back sick for 2 weeks, and we planned our date and met after. Yeah the emotional attachment is definitely there, i know that this wont be going anywhere but im refusing to accpet this haha but i have to eventually sigh:(

Oh no!!!!

She does not get back to me for 8 hours... and even after we hugged...what will I do??? Oh What will I do???

You sound like Clemenza in The Godfather :"I love you with all-a my heart, if I don't see-a you again soon, I'm-a gonna die."....LOL!

Go date other chicks, that what you do.

Why people are so intent on basing their lives on the duration between texts is mind boggling. I wonder if you had been alive 30 years ago would you have been ready to run a sword through yourself if you had to use a pager or hard wired answering machine and didn't get a response?

I know it is difficult for some people to wrap their heads around the fact that some people are just not that into them, so since it appears this is the case, don't waste any more time creeping her social media. There are much better things you can do with your time. Like meet somebody else.

• Author

Update so she replied to my text of me asking are we still gonna hang out or not? If no you can tell me im fine with it. Her reply was "yes!! Definitely! But i will be very very busy for the next 3 weeks because of school exams, i will be graduating after the 3 weeks :)."

So is she keeping me as a backup when she is bored and have nothing to do? Meanwhile i will be talking to other girls. Let me know what you guys think :/

I will tell you this...never talk to someone for months before meeting them. If they can't meet with you after the first few texts, move on. You just became someone's penpal.

• Like 3
Update so she replied to my text of me asking are we still gonna hang out or not? If no you can tell me im fine with it. Her reply was "yes!! Definitely! But i will be very very busy for the next 3 weeks because of school exams, i will be graduating after the 3 weeks :)."

So is she keeping me as a backup when she is bored and have nothing to do? Meanwhile i will be talking to other girls. Let me know what you guys think :/

Right now, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. You can tolerate waiting 3 weeks--it doesn't take that much self discipline to do so. In the meantime, go out with other girls and quit making her your god. After 3 weeks is up, check her interest level then--and then is when you will know for certain if she is bored and keeping you for a back up.

If my daughter mentioned this dilemma to me, I'd tell her to concentrate on finishing her course work and graduating--that there is time a plenty for dating once she's got that diploma/degree in her hands.

Having said that, though..:

Yup, 3months. We met through online dating.:(

There is no reason why, in the 3 months since you've been knowing her, that you two couldn't have hung out. I understand busy, but this is ridiculous.

If she is so busy that within a 3 month span, she can't carve out 30 minutes to see you, then she's not really that interested. School may be legitimate, but it may also be a lie--I dont' know of any colleges/universities in the US who have graduation in the middle of February. That's done in either June or December.

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 2