To go No contact or not

luvflower

Hello loveshack.

I know many of you belive in NC for various reasons.

I to make the decision to go NC to a man I've been dating recently. He initiated contact,our dates calls /texts the majority of the tume. However, twice now hes waited about 3- hrs to respond to my text messages.

He never acted that way until the other day when I went to a movie alone without telling or inviting him.

What should I do? Go NC ? Send a short concise message...?

Why would you go nc with him because he's taking longer to your text messages. That sounds ridiculous if there's nothing else going on!

• Like 8

I would really not go NC! Three hours is nothing. If it's something that's really bothering you, you should just talk to him about it.

Trust me, I have prematurely gone NC with a guy before because I was upset about some tiny things he did and it completely blew up in my face. I felt confident about it for the first month then realized how big of a mistake I had made. I missed him like crazy, realized our issues could have easily been resolved by just talking them over, and I completely broke his heart (which sucked because I genuinely did care about him and hate that I did that).

We have since reconciled but just as friends because things will never be the same. I completely broke his trust. I can already tell it's going to be a long road for me to earn that back...

People talk about NC a lot on here because it's a good way to heal and move on when you have truly been mistreated or a relationship is truly over. However, NC is NOT the way to deal with issues or flaws in a relationship. Problems are normal in relationships and need to be worked through. Using NC to avoid them and manipulate the other person's feelings is a sign of immaturity, and will make any sane guy run the other way. I know this from experience.

It sounds like other than this little slip up, things have been going well between you guys. Please don't ruin that by prematurely overreacting! Give him another chance, see what happens, and if it really starts to become a problem, talk it out with him before making any rash decisions.

3 Hours?!?!?!?

Why, the audacity of some men! Cut him loose, and don't look back!

He'll never know the favor you've done him.

• Like 9

Why not make arrangements by phone calls instead of getting upset about not hearing from him through text within a certain amount of time. There could be 100 reasons why he didn't return your text right away.

Anyway, disregarding this one issues about texting, how is the rest of your relationship?

Hello loveshack.

I know many of you belive in NC for various reasons.

I to make the decision to go NC to a man I've been dating recently. He initiated contact,our dates calls /texts the majority of the tume. However, twice now hes waited about 3- hrs to respond to my text messages.

He never acted that way until the other day when I went to a movie alone without telling or inviting him.

What should I do? Go NC ? Send a short concise message...?

What should you do? Grow up.

• Like 5

There is no problem at all except the one you're about to create. 3 hours is completely normal, you can start worrying when he's taking days to reply, or ignores you.

He's already initiating most of the contact, so if you go NC now, he'll probably assume you're not interested and move on.

• Like 2
  • Author

Guys calm down....

I only had concern about the 3hrs because m he usually responded sooner.

Yes, perhaps I do need to mature a bit when it comes to relationships and the nuances. I hate dealing with emotional stuff.

Now that I'm thinking, when I'm working I've taken that long to respond also. But this was in the evening...

Anyhoo, thnx for your feedback.

Guys calm down....

Yes, perhaps I do need to mature a bit when it comes to relationships and the nuances. I hate dealing with emotional stuff.

Now that I'm thinking, when I'm working I've taken that long to respond also. But this was in the evening...

Is this for real?

Guys calm down....

Occupy your mind with other things...maybe you need to multi date, so you dont have so much in one basket.

• Author
Occupy your mind with other things...maybe you need to multi date, so you dont have so much in one basket.

I agree to certain extent.

But when do people decide not to multilateral? Thatsort part of the thing, he's told me in several occasions that he wants us to be exclusive and that he wants to see me more...

I guess I should just do what's right for me right now to occupy my time. I have work and working out and friends. Keep my options open is what you're saying I guess.

Thanks

• Like 1
Why not make arrangements by phone calls instead of getting upset about not hearing from him through text within a certain amount of time. There could be 100 reasons why he didn't return your text right away.

Anyway, disregarding this one issues about texting, how is the rest of your relationship?

Yep you're right about the being numerous reasons. And I hate putting energy into stuff like that. I'm healing from a past relationship so im trying to be realistic and not put all my eggs into one basket. But how do u stay true to a person while keeping options open. We both agreed to be exclusive but I feel like he may be deliberately changing the pace.

@luvflower my situation really is similar.

• Author
Yep you're right about the being numerous reasons. And I hate putting energy into stuff like that. I'm healing from a past relationship so im trying to be realistic and not put all my eggs into one basket. But how do u stay true to a person while keeping options open. We both agreed to be exclusive but I feel like he may be deliberately changing the pace.

@luvflower my situation really is similar.

Wow...yea I told ya.very similar.

Thanks for your post.