27 yrs after: a date with the guy who popped my CHERRY

ja123

So, I left first year university to explore dreams elsewhere.

He moved to Europe ... then Asia.

We recently connected on FaceBook and we're both in town for the holidays!!!

So, we just spoke on the phone and will try to meet on or after the 26th.

He said it will be a blast from the past.

He mentioned people have gone bald, etc. I said well we're all older and maybe heavier ...

In truth, I AM heavier, still attractive, though.

I'm nervous. We haven't seen one another for 27 freakin' years!!!!

I'm thinking we should have sex for old time's sake. I'm nervous about meeting him though.

Any advice?

Edited by ja123
typo
  • Author

He's not married, but I don't know if he has a GF. He used to be quite promiscuous in his younger years. That might have changed, though.

I'm single.

So, I left first year university to explore dreams elsewhere.

He moved to Europe ... then Asia.

We recently connected on FaceBook and we're both in town for the holidays!!!

So, we just spoke on the phone and will try to meet on or after the 26th.

He said it will be a blast from the past.

He mentioned people have gone bald, etc. I said well we're all older and maybe heavier ...

In truth, I AM heavier, still attractive, though.

I'm nervous. We haven't seen one another for 27 freakin' years!!!!

I'm thinking we should have sex for old time's sake. I'm nervous about meeting him though.

Any advice?

It would be interesting to see if you two fall for each other again. Statistically this sort of relationship is very successful, make for lasting love, good marriages.

• Like 1
  • Author
It would be interesting to see if you two fall for each other again. Statistically this sort of relationship is very successful, make for lasting love, good marriages.

I would love to read the statistics/articles you refer to.

Anyhow, we we're really in love ... at least I wasn't. I chose him because I trusted him and I didn't want to become a 19-year-old virgin. A close girlfriend just had sex, so I thought I'd do it, too.

In any case, it was a really amazing experience. He was so kind and gentle. I was terrified. He massaged me and gently slipped it in while I was on my stomach. Oh, and he even cooked beforehand!

I honestly hope we go somewhere where we can have a drink so I'll relax. At the very least, I'd like to thank him for an amazing first time. I was 18 and he was 20. I never had sex with him again, though he wanted to, for 2 reasons: 1) I didn't want to become attached. 2) He had tons of girls.

I would love to read the statistics/articles you refer to.

Anyhow, we we're really in love ... at least I wasn't. I chose him because I trusted him and I didn't want to become a 19-year-old virgin. A close girlfriend just had sex, so I thought I'd do it, too.

In any case, it was a really amazing experience. He was so kind and gentle. I was terrified. He massaged me and gently slipped it in while I was on my stomach. Oh, and he even cooked beforehand!

I honestly hope we go somewhere where we can have a drink so I'll relax. At the very least, I'd like to thank him for an amazing first time. I was 18 and he was 20. I never had sex with him again, though he wanted to, for 2 reasons: 1) I didn't want to become attached. 2) He had tons of girls.

I clearly remember the article, but not where/when it was published. It may have been in Discovery Magazine, or Scientific American Mind, but I don't remember which or when.

• Like 1

When I met back up with my current boyfriend, it had been 15 years since we dated. I was his first everything, he was my first love, and, um yeah...

I would totally recommend this. It was like a spark turning into an inferno in seconds. It's been over a year now and things have settled, but all the physical stuff was so intense for months, and I'm still so attracted to him. I'll be honest I've usually lost interest by now.

So my vote goes yes. Enjoy that "blast from the past." But bring protection

• Like 2
  • Author

omg! imaginarium!!! That is SO cool. So happy for you!!!

Thanks for the reminder to bring protection. Heck, I didn't even think of that!!!! lol :D

• Author

So, he's leaving on the 29th ... time is running out.

I just wrote him:

Any time to meet tomorrow night? Are you single? We could talk about sex and death, then maybe grab a room somewhere should we so feel inclined. ;P Bold and serious!!! All with good humour whatever you decide!

WTF, did I do?

I want him again and he lives halfway around the world.

Was it too much?

• Like 1
So, he's leaving on the 29th ... time is running out.

I just wrote him:

WTF, did I do?

I want him again and he lives halfway around the world.

Was it too much?

Get a hold of yourself woman!!! LOL :laugh:

You are romanticizing this wayyyyy tooooo much!!!

You have not even met him yet after all these years... and dunno what he feels about stuff... and whats this about sex??? You seem less interested in getting to know about his life and more in just doing it with him. Most probably he will oblige unless he is already attached, but can you calm down a bit?? You are hoping to match up to the last experience with him which happened 27 yrs ago and building fantasies in your mind... get back to reality.

Now that you have sent the text.... it's done!

Otherwise I would have suggested to meet with zero expectations and have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Author

You are SOOOO right, Winny!

It'd probably be anticlimactic anyway.

What was I thinking??

I just don't want to miss this chance.

I'm drinking wine with tears in my eyes and thinking about what could've been.

It'd make for one heck of a story.

But, now that I read what you wrote, I feel guilty and really sexist, like I'm treating him just like a sex object and not as a person with a lifetime to catch up on.

You are SOOOO right, Winny!

It'd probably be anticlimactic anyway.

What was I thinking??

I just don't want to miss this chance.

I'm drinking wine with tears in my eyes and thinking about what could've been.

It'd make for one heck of a story.

But, now that I read what you wrote, I feel guilty and really sexist, like I'm treating him just like a sex object and not as a person with a lifetime to catch up on.

Part in bold above - not at all a place you should be in right now.

If something didn't work out - believe me that was because it wasn't the best thing for you. Okay let's think this way... he was good in bed the one time with you but was he really that great of a person? You said he was promiscuous. Do you know and realize that such people are very insecure and selfish and most probably would have hurt you. Trust me, you are all good. You are exactly where you should be and don't look back... look forward, look at meeting other eligible local men. Wipe those tears, no self pity, no crying for some guy from past. Own your present, act with confidence and go get yourself a good man :)

• Like 2

Sorry about the time warp but 27 years isn't 27 days. Thinking about sex right now is the same thing as having a one night stand with a stranger.

• Author

Winny - I never had sex with him again because I didn't want to become attached. I knew he had girls all over the place, and yes, I think he IS egotistical. But, all the same it WAS a great first time. He was experienced and very respectful.

I guess what I meant by what could've been is what would have become of my life had I stayed in theatre school.

He went on to study at one of the world's most prestigious schools, but now he is teaching, so I have a feeling his ego has been knocked down a bit.

In any case, I really hope I'm not rejected per se. Like, I'll understand if he's not single, or has changed and doesn't want to, but I'd really like just to see him again.

It feels like once in a lifetime chance.

• Author
Do it, girl! Go for it! Old flames reuniting are some of the most powerful experiences!

OMG! I'm hoping he writes back soon! I keep checking my Facebook like a teenager!!!

I love the fact in a way that he's leaving again, that way should we meet it'll be this one time and potentially more intense! :D

• Author
Sorry about the time warp but 27 years isn't 27 days. Thinking about sex right now is the same thing as having a one night stand with a stranger.

You're in some ways right, it's been a long time, but it was a pivotal time so it wouldn't feel like a ONS.

Winny - I never had sex with him again because I didn't want to become attached. I knew he had girls all over the place, and yes, I think he IS egotistical. But, all the same it WAS a great first time. He was experienced and very respectful.

I guess what I meant by what could've been is what would have become of my life had I stayed in theatre school.

He went on to study at one of the world's most prestigious schools, but now he is teaching, so I have a feeling his ego has been knocked down a bit.

In any case, I really hope I'm not rejected per se. Like, I'll understand if he's not single, or has changed and doesn't want to, but I'd really like just to see him again.

It feels like once in a lifetime chance.

Till you are not getting emotionally involved with some guy who is leaving in couple of days .. it is good.

• Like 1
  • Author
Did he respond to your message yet?

Noooooooooooooo!!

I am anxiously awaiting!!! For some reason, it doesn't show on our messages whether the message has been read or not. :(

I'll post, as soon as he responds, if he does.

• Like 1
Noooooooooooooo!!

I am anxiously awaiting!!! For some reason, it doesn't show on our messages whether the message has been read or not. :(

I'll post, as soon as he responds, if he does.

Have you guys been exchanging messages in between since he expressed interest in meeting you?

• Author
Have you guys been exchanging messages in between since he expressed interest in meeting you?

He was the one who contacted me via FB to say he was in town.

We talked on the phone, and he messaged me on Christmas Day wishing me a very Merry Christmas.

But, he said he'd call on the 26th and hasn't. :(

On FB, he wrote that he was going to see Rogue One with family on the 26th. And today, someone posted pics just 2 hours ago of him hanging out with male friends.

Normally, I'd wait for the guy to follow-up, but in this case, given the time constraints, I decided to write to him and just be honest and say what I wanted.