Interested in a store clerk...

VanessaVanessa

VanessaVanessa

A few months ago I went into a women's clothing store & noticed a good looking guy working the tills. This first time I went in there it seemed as though we held each other's gaze for a few seconds (or so it seemed!). By coincidence about a month ago I actually started working in the same shopping center & have gone into that store a couple of times to check out the clothes & each time he greets me but no small talk is developed.

So the last time that I went, almost a week ago, I decided to go up to the counter & ask what time they closed that day because I was on my break & didn't have time to try on different clothing as I work nearby. So he responded with "Yeah, I know, are you sure you don't want to try it now?" and I said I better come back in a few days after he told me the time they shut later on another day. I was going to leave it at that and then he asked me which item I was looking at and I brought it to him and he put it behind another item in another spot for me. He told me he wouldn't be in that day but to tell his mum (who owns the store) to get it for me when I come in. I was surprised he knew I worked close as the positioning of the stores means I can't actually see when he is in from a distance and I don't have proper uniform yet.

I was wondering if it will look to obvious if I go in there again as it's a fairly small store with infrequent change of clothes. I want to know if there is a way to know if it's worth trying to talk more .. any thoughts??

If you are interested in him I think you should look obvious. Why would you want to appear as not interested?

Go there, if there aren't other customers just start small talk with him, ask him questions about himself. The guy has to see you are interested in him.

• Like 1
  • Author
VanessaVanessa

So today he actually walked past my store which I hadn't ever seen before and he gave me a wave - I sit at the front desk :eek::D

He doesn't work for the next few days but I'm wondering what I should do next time?

So today he actually walked past my store which I hadn't ever seen before and he gave me a wave - I sit at the front desk :eek::D

He doesn't work for the next few days but I'm wondering what I should do next time?

Ask him if he wants to grab a coffee with you.......:eek::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Author
VanessaVanessa

Okay so I went into the store today after work and it was just me in there. I said Hi to him as soon as I walked in and he gave me a smile and I said i was looking for xmas gifts/clothes for my sisters (half true haha) and i noticed he got up from his chair which he sits at the counter at when I was there. He kept the convo going, asking me who it was for, what I was searching for etc. So I started browsing the racks and then he asked me my ethnicity, whether I go to uni (i dont) and a few other things as I was pacing around.

Looking back I should have straight up answered my age when he asked about uni because then I would know exactly how old he is (Im 22 and he looks anywhere between 19-24, but i hope he isnt younger). So yeah i managed to find out that he is in uni other days that he isn't in and he said he is Afghani.

I forgot/didn't get the courage to ask about coffee:eek: but I'm glad actually got to speak with him.