Anxious whether he's losing interest or just getting comfortable?

S7182

So I'm 15, and although I may be young I feel like I've been through a lot, and learned more about relationships than a lot of people have. I've been hurt a lot too, which causes me anxiety in new relationships. About a month and a half ago I started dating a guy, and he's been great, he hadn't caused me any anxiety up until earlier this week. We got in an argument, and afterwards he said it was alright, and reassured me on the fact that he's always going to want to work things out with me, and he's not going anywhere. We've been really close and had a kind of instant connection, and he says he knows he wants to be with me for a really long time. Accept the last few days we've talked a lot less than usual, and it might just be me overthinking it, but he doesn't seem as crazy about me as he was in the beginning. I don't get all the texts saying he cares about me, he misses me, etc. He still seems like he cares, like he asked to talk on the phone tonight, and he can still be flirty, but he takes so much longer to reply than he used to, and I don't get nearly as much of the affection. Usually when he goes to practice for basketball he always says when he has to go, but today he just stopped replying and I didn't get a word about it. It's small things but in the past this has lead downhill.. I've tried talking to him about my anxiety but he doesn't think anything is wrong, and doesn't really understand (since he is a teenager still) and i don't know how to handle it, especially if I'm just in my own head. I don't know if I should try talking to him about it again, or if I'm just going to cause problems that aren't there.

So he talks like you are his forever soul mate, after what.. 2 months? He love bombed you with affection cause he was on the love high. It really just sounds like he is not very interested, and too much happening in 2 months time. Sorry to say. But do you really need all this drama at 15?

• Like 1

Most people when they are in a new relationship go through a phase called limerace. Basically it's a new relationship high. Things can't stay that way forever. It's natural for things to change in the first few months and you will see more about what the person really is. So don't take the first stage and assume that's the way relationships are all the time.

Now if a man isn't meeting your needs, you have every right to talk to him about it and/or dump him over it and free yourself up for someone else. I would not phrase it as something he needs to do for your anxiety. Men will do what they want to do in the end. Just as you will do what you want to do.

I get you're only 15 but something you will have to learn is self-confidence to get over the anxiety. You can't control the outcome in any relationship. You will have to get used to that and use your head to figure out where to take risks. I really recommend Natalie Lue's blog Baggage Reclaim. It helped me a lot. If you are anxious you will attract emotionally unavailable or distant men who will not be able to give you what you want. IMO it's better to get a grip on that now so that you don't go through dating disgruntled.

Omg, 15.... Well, my first intense feeling for someone is when I was 17 years old. Until know, I still view it as "love" but looking back, I really laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. :rolleyes:

Enjoy, the ride. Feel what you need to feel. You may be 15 but what you feel is still real. But also don't forget that you are still young. VERY young for that matter and you have a FULL LIFE ahead of you. When I was 15, my major problem was how to convince my mom to buy my a Playstation 2 :D