Are most young women never single? or only single for a very short time?

you_can_not_see_me

you_can_not_see_me

I m just amazed how 95% of the girls I try pursuing turn out to have boyfriends. I used to think I was just unlucky enough that most of the women I was interested in were already taken, but by this point I have tried pursuing quite a few women and I find it hard to believe this is just bad luck. I m starting to think most women are in relationships and if they do become single its only for a very short time, making it difficult to actually meet a woman who is currently single.

This leads me to the question whether most women form relationship with people they already know rather than a random guy they just meet, In the way that when they break up with their ex they just start dating a guy who they already were friends with, rather than starting a relationship with an entirely new guy.

I am especially interested to hear the take of female posters here on the subject. How did you meet most of your boyfriends?

I don't suppose you're making cold approaches? Because "sorry I have a boyfriend" is the universal way to get away from a cold approach.

As for the second part of your question, I've never started laying foundations for a new guy before I left the old guy. It's always been a clean break and a new meet. And yes, even in the space of a few weeks.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
  • Author
you_can_not_see_me
I don't suppose you're making cold approaches? Because "sorry I have a boyfriend" is the universal way to get away from a cold approach.

I know. I am talking about girls I meet at school and similar places. Girls I see around at least a few times. I find out they are taken for real.

• Author
you_can_not_see_me

As for the second part of your question, I've never started laying foundations for a new guy before I left the old guy. It's always been a clean break and a new meet. And yes, even in the space of a few weeks.

I wasn't talking about cheating. I was asking whether you usually started dating guys you already knew, even if not very well, or if you usually date a guy you first meet after breaking up.

Also on average how long have you been single between break ups?

Eternal Sunshine

You are probably going for the best looking and most bubbly, outgoing and popular girls. They are generally taken as are the most desirable guys with similar qualities. I am sure that there are plenty of shy, single girls that you don't even notice.

• Like 1

The young tend to be in relationships even if not very good ones because they don't know any better. People get more discerning as they get older and more experienced.

Quick survey of my school age daughter "do all the straight girls you know have boyfriends?" Answer "no" Sadly, she can't guess at a percentage.

I'm out.

• Like 1
You are probably going for the best looking and most bubbly, outgoing and popular girls. They are generally taken as are the most desirable guys with similar qualities. I am sure that there are plenty of shy, single girls that you don't even notice.

This ^^ Look at the quieter girls

It's because you're only noticing the top tier of girls. 90 percent of the rest are available, and there's plenty of good ones in there.

I was nearly always without a real committed boyfriend and moaning after one or the other, but I stayed plenty busy nonetheless and had some good times, though I was nearly always technically single. But I had plenty of lonely lonely nights wishing whatever guy I had my eye on was with me.

• Like 1
Sunkissedpatio
It's because you're only noticing the top tier of girls. 90 percent of the rest are available, and there's plenty of good ones in there.

Agreed.

You are either going for women that are of that top tier and are always with someone or you are still going for those women but they are using the "I already have a boyfriend" line (which by the way we don't grow out of using even when we get older it's just easier than having to let a guy down)

There is no way could know for sure if all the women you are meeting in school (for example) actually have a boyfriend unless all they all have people in common with you that you can verify it.

• Like 1

It's a lot easier to date in college/school because people are surrounded by a wide variety of thousands of prospects and also most haven't fallen into rigid daily life routine (9-5 gig basically plus all the rest of life's demands squeezed in on the weekends). So it's like a feeding frenzy re:dating and I do imagine people get snatched up faster. So especially if you are only approaching very attractive prospects then rest assured so have many dozens of others.

• Like 2
Not even true because a lot of top tier girls are single too. Maybe it is something about them you are attracted to?

Here's what I think the top tier story is. They either already have bfs or gfs OR they're looking for someone good enough for them and aren't about to settle for less. And there are lots of really attractive women who get hit on all day long and have trouble finding someone who is as desirable as they are and would rather do without. And honestly, that's true of a lot of women. If they guy isn't desirable to them, they are not going to accept him just because they haven't found one who is.