Moving too quickly?

starswewillnavigate

starswewillnavigate

Had a wonderful date with a guy last week, very informal coffee date. We then ended up meeting for a date a couple days later. We've planned to meet tomorrow for a drink, which means our 3rd date in less than a week. Am I being too available/rushing things? I've never been good at holding back and starting to worry that if things are moving quickly, it will fizzle out.

If things are moving along nicely, what's the problem?

I don't think there is anything to be alarmed about.

Think about it this way - there are so many threads on this forum about people not knowing if someone is genuinely into them. It sounds like this guy is into you.

Rushing would be seeing each other every day for three weeks then moving in and getting engaged.

Seeing a guy once or twice a week to start off is not rushing.

Try to keep it at 2-3 per week for a few months and get to know him.

• Author
starswewillnavigate
If things are moving along nicely, what's the problem?

I don't think there is anything to be alarmed about.

Think about it this way - there are so many threads on this forum about people not knowing if someone is genuinely into them. It sounds like this guy is into you.

That's so true! I hadn't thought of it that way. He really does seem very keen and I would rather we went with our feelings than adhere to "rules".

Thanks both of you - I'm just nervous I guess. It's come along very unexpectedly and I maybe haven't been in the best place emotionally.

• Like 1
That's so true! I hadn't thought of it that way. He really does seem very keen and I would rather we went with our feelings than adhere to "rules".

Thanks both of you - I'm just nervous I guess. It's come along very unexpectedly and I maybe haven't been in the best place emotionally.

So thats all good then! Keep seeing him but just remember to take time for yourself to see your friends and encourage him to do the same!

Keep it healthy and keep it real!

Good to have some positives on this board!

• Like 1

He is interested and showing it with actions! You've got to love these types of men. Also those are invites to go out for drinks and food. He is interested in your presence and in getting to know you, it would be a different ball game if he wanted to invite you over his place or aimed at going to your place.

After 3 dates it's your turn to reciprocate. Think of inviting him on a date and plan it, think of an activity other than drinks, maybe a movie, an afternoon in a park, biking, hiking, what ever you guys do in your area.

Nothing wrong with this situation at all. He's interested in you and wants to know you better. Just take your time, don't rush things, and have a good guard up.

transform yourself

I would make a judgement and feel how the vibes are and not think about too much.

He seems genuinely interested in you, but you have to make a balance between having your own life and not putting your life on hold for another person.

And I would suggest making plans and doing something new everytime rather than drinks or dinner which can lead to things fizzing out.

I have an excellent source on date ideas and how to spice things up on your date which will help you. Please let me know if you want me to send it to yourself

Prash :)

• Like 1
  • Author
starswewillnavigate

Just thought I'd give you a quick update! We've seen each other a couple more times since and not just for drinks and dinner. Really enjoying his company, he's a really fun, interesting and intelligent guy - trying to just enjoy one date at a time at the moment.

• Like 1
Just thought I'd give you a quick update! We've seen each other a couple more times since and not just for drinks and dinner. Really enjoying his company, he's a really fun, interesting and intelligent guy - trying to just enjoy one date at a time at the moment.

That is great :-) We don't hear that often enough on here.