How long do you wait to text after a date?

Fatty23

Guys: do you text right away if you liked the date or wait a couple days? Women: do you wait for men to text first or do you take initiative? I think if I don't hear from them the next morning or afternoon then they're not interested. I know it mind sound crazy but I just feel like if a guy really likes you he'll do whatever he can to keep you from other guys. Haha maybe I'm crazy but that's just been my experience. If you don't hear from a guy the next day or he doesn't text first does that mean he's not interested?

As a female with a lack of confidence when it comes to romantic situations I always wait for them to contact me, I prefer to wait and save my ego rather than risk outright rejection. If I never hear from them again it means I've avoided the blow. You're right about what guys do, if they want to see you again they will usually let you know straight away, as long as they're sincere. If they're not sincere but they think you're interested and could be a prospective relationship gap-filler they might play silly head games and keep you dangling for a few days.

My girlfriend texted me early the next morning. Said she had a great time and hoped we could do it again. I texted her right back and said, how about Saturday.

But she's a little different... smart, educated, mature, doesn't play silly games. She meets me half way rather than expecting to be pursued. This is the 21st century, ya know. The old rule book expired almost seventeen years ago.

• Like 2

I don't have any problems with self esteem or lack of ego.

If I had a great time and want to see them again I don't beat about the bush. I tell them. Either a text when I get home or a phone call next morning.

If they don't want to see me again or go quiet then that is fine. Its just one date so not the end of the world. I just don't bother responding and let them come to me then leave it ages until I bother to reply.

I have found that if they are genuinely interested I am not sitting around thinking "do they? don't they?" I know because they are equally as enthusiastic and keep up the contact. If that continued contact is not there then they are multi dating or not interested. Neither or which is a turn on for me.

The ones I like best are the ones that phone and don't text.

Shows confidence. Shows assertiveness. Shows a very clear "I am interested"...

Texting is a quagmire of crap and a sure fire way to end up Friendzoned or lose interest.

As a female with a lack of confidence when it comes to romantic situations I always wait for them to contact me, I prefer to wait and save my ego rather than risk outright rejection. If I never hear from them again it means I've avoided the blow. You're right about what guys do, if they want to see you again they will usually let you know straight away, as long as they're sincere. If they're not sincere but they think you're interested and could be a prospective relationship gap-filler they might play silly head games and keep you dangling for a few days.

So given that you don't text them, aren't you, by the same rules "playing silly games and leaving them dangling" ?

• Like 2
scooby-philly

Hey OP,

Every responsr so far has hit it on the nose...most women would expect a guy to text or call quickly if they are interested and many women dont mind texting first these days.

I think this shows the changing nature of dating. I mean, yes a guy needs to learn to man up as they say if he had fun and wants to see the woman again. But....there is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman texting first if she happens to have a good time and the guy doesnt text first. I mean...yes the whole who should contact the other person first and/or how many days to wait is silly. If you had a good time...tell the other person.

• Like 1
I mean...yes the whole who should contact the other person first and/or how many days to wait is silly. If you had a good time...tell the other person.

Indeed it is. Just text if you want to.

As a rough guide though, the date probably involved someone asking the other person out, someone planning the date (venue/time) and someone paying for it.

The less of these three things you did, the more you need to be the one texting first.