How long should I wait to get my girlfriend flowers?

whataboutflowers

whataboutflowers

My girlfriend of 3 years was upset last week and when I asked her why, she said that she doesn't feel special anymore. So I asked her what would make her feel special and she suggested flowers. I don t want to just go get her flowers because she asked because it wouldn't be a surprise. So how long should I wait to get her some flowers?

Take her on a weekend getaway when you can. Don't tell her where you're going, but make sure she packs some things for the weekend. Have some flowers, a box of her favorite chocolate, and a special gift (bracelet, picture collage, etc.) sitting on the seat (in a gift bag) when you open the door for her. Then have a great weekend doing something fun together. Take her to dinner. Take a walk at night (There are some meteor showers visible for the next month or so). Pretty easy man. Good luck.

Why am I single???! Haha.

• Like 2

I recall saying much the same while I was still in my former marriage (note the word 'former'). Flowers was the only thing which I could think of which would make me feel special.

I love all of LostOne's suggestions, but I wouldn't use them up all on one weekend. I'd just try to show my appreciation in an ongoing way. Give her feet a massage when she's watching TV. Buy a nice bottle of wine and cook dinner for her. Listen to her. If she's caught up late at work, offer to come and drive her home. Go on a picnic. And yeah, book a weekend away.

I sent flowers to this girl I was dating, to where she works. She got mad, her boyfriend worked in the same office as she did. Guys still do this? That is sweet.