Is she interested or not ?

Kehv

Hey people I would like some advice, hopefully there are some people who could help me with this one.

Yesterday I had a date with a woman (28). Before the date I did not know what to think of her yet since she doesn't talk that much on Whatsapp but there have been several women who also did not talk much on Whatsapp but were still interested in me.

The date went very well (in my opinion), she was very enthusiastic, we laughed , we had many things in common etc. and the date took about 2,5 hours in total.

In the middle of the date however, 2 guys she knew came inside (I guess she must've contacted them on the toilet) and after a short talk they went away again. I don't know what this was about but OK.

The date ended when she told me she had to catch the last bus home, I offered to walk her to the busstation/trainstation but she told she wanted to say goodbye just outside the bar because this was the first date but she did tell me she had a good time.

Once we went outside we said our goodbyes, she told me she had a great time again and told me she would notify me when she would arrive home safely (during the date I told her its nice if someone I care about tells me she arrived home safely), then she left.

When I arrived home I messaged her one last time saying I had a great time. The thing is, she never messaged me anymore. She did tell me her sister could be having a child anytime now, so that's the only thing that I could think of (if I think positively).

Ofcourse it could be that she is not interested in me but I think a 28 year old woman would be adult enough to just tell me instead of not messaging at all...

Normally I wouldn't really care that much but I had this amazing feeling about her and I really thought we connected, I never experienced something like this before.

Someone else has experience with something like this ?

Thousand have and they have posted on here....your story isn't new. many have gone through the same experience....really liked the person, radio silence.

it is what it is. Not everyone is good at rejecting people, and would rather hope their silence will speak for them. Oh well you can't win them all. Just part of dating.

• Like 1
Thousand have and they have posted on here....your story isn't new. many have gone through the same experience....really liked the person, radio silence.

it is what it is. Not everyone is good at rejecting people, and would rather hope their silence will speak for them. Oh well you can't win them all. Just part of dating.

Yes, hardly anything we have never read.

She wasn't as enthusiastic about that date as she told you, that's very likely. It's just that she would rather fade and ghost on you than being blunt or rude.

You can move on.

Wait until Monday/Tuesday and call her. She has a day job? Call her in the evening. If she does not answer don't leave VM. Then text her and say, had a nice time hope we can do it again, text/call me back if interested. Txs. The End

It sounds as if she is not interested. And yes, people do this all the time, mostly to avoid awkward conversations.

The two guys coming up to her during the date I find pretty odd anyway.

It was nice of you to offer to walk her, but I think saying "I like to know people I care about get home ok" might have been a bit full on for her. You probably meant it well, but you just met her.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes I did say that but I wasn't really talking about her , I was talking about in general.

When we said our goodbyes she just told me she would let me know when she got home safely...

It doesn't matter anymore anyways since she never messaged me but I just can't understand why people wouldn't just tell you they are not interested.

I just can't understand why people wouldn't just tell you they are not interested.

They don't want to hurt your feelings.

They are not 100% sure and may circle back.

They don't feel one date justifies a rejection message, as it's assumed no contact means no interest.

They have had people flip out and argue why they deserve another date before, and don't want a repeat.

They meant to but got distracted by that message from that dreamy guy on the way home.

Etc

• Like 1