Is it wrong of my parents to not allow me to meet up with guys that I meet online?

makeuploverxo

I'm 20 and still living with my parents and my parents won't allow me to meet up with guys that I'm interested in on Tinder so as a result I sit at home when I should be meeting up and socializing with guys that I'm interested. I even video chat with them before hand and I tell my parents about it and they still won't let me meet up with them. A lot of my friends my age met their boyfriends on Tinder and other online dating sites because their parents let them meet up with them but my parents just won't allow me to meet up with guys that I meet online so they are ruining my chances of being in a relationship with these guys that I meet online My parents are also ruining my chances of me having fun and doing what ever I want because they won't let me meet up with guys on Tinder. The only way my parents would allow me to meet up with a guy is if I meet them through friends, work or anywhere in person. I also really want to meet up with guys that I meet online because I want to see what their personality is like in real life and want to have conversations and go out to lunch and dinner with them to get to know them better but my parents would not allow me. How can I conninvd my parents that I want to meet up with guys that I met on an online dating website?

• Like 1

Move out. Go live with a friend or two and be independent. You can do whatever you want then.

Second choice, go out with friends and invite the guy too.

Me personally would just choose the first suggestion. You are old enough to figure out how to live on your own. You have a job and friends so you can make it happen.

• Like 4
. *How can I conninvd my parents that I want to meet up with guys that I met on an online dating website?

*You can't in your current circumstances, but if you begin to live your life independently of them, you can do pretty much whatever you want.

You need to move out and plot your own course.

Take care.

• Like 3

I am 41. I have to remind myself a lot that I spent age 18 and under without the internet. What DID we do for fun and how did we meet people then? Now, it's become not just a tool but a true phenomenon that has changed our lives in ways we couldn't imagine. I was there, like some, before people used the internet as a means of communication and to meet someone face to face with it. My mom, who is in her 70s, said she is so glad that as a parent she did not have to be concerned about the dangers of the internet.

And with that being said, I have a question for you. Have you ever met someone on the internet face to face at all? If the answer is no, then remember that parents are just being parents. They have a right to be concerned for obvious reasons: people are crazy. My parents are extreme goodie goodies, and they would hit the roof if they knew of some of the things I had gotten into thanks to the internet, but that happened as an adult not a kid. If the answer is no, you have never met someone on the internet face to face, remember that you may be in for a rude awakening and a disappointing time for a first time user. If the answer is yes, all you can do is tell them that you are adept at filtering out good from bad and will not waste your time with a loser. But you do have to go out and try, otherwise you will not learn. ANd it's harsh to learn some things, but ... It's what it is.

• Like 2

I would suggest also meeting the guys with group of friends. Also why do you need to meet guys from Tinder? Whats wrong with guys in your school / hobbies / work etc?

• Like 2
  • Author
I am 41. I have to remind myself a lot that I spent age 18 and under without the internet. What DID we do for fun and how did we meet people then? Now, it's become not just a tool but a true phenomenon that has changed our lives in ways we couldn't imagine. I was there, like some, before people used the internet as a means of communication and to meet someone face to face with it. My mom, who is in her 70s, said she is so glad that as a parent she did not have to be concerned about the dangers of the internet.

And with that being said, I have a question for you. Have you ever met someone on the internet face to face at all? If the answer is no, then remember that parents are just being parents. They have a right to be concerned for obvious reasons: people are crazy. My parents are extreme goodie goodies, and they would hit the roof if they knew of some of the things I had gotten into thanks to the internet, but that happened as an adult not a kid. If the answer is no, you have never met someone on the internet face to face, remember that you may be in for a rude awakening and a disappointing time for a first time user. If the answer is yes, all you can do is tell them that you are adept at filtering out good from bad and will not waste your time with a loser. But you do have to go out and try, otherwise you will not learn. ANd it's harsh to learn some things, but ... It's what it is.

Yes I have met guys from the Internet in person before and I want to meet up with guys from the Internet again and hopefully my parents would let me.

• Author
I would suggest also meeting the guys with group of friends. Also why do you need to meet guys from Tinder? Whats wrong with guys in your school / hobbies / work etc?

I can meet guys through friends. I want to meet guys from Tinder and through friends to see which guys I want to date.