When should I mention to him we went out before too

Fruitee

So I matched this guy in Tinder and apparently he dont remember me but we went out on a date less than one year ago. We talked now like several weeks in the app and now he asked for my number. He is asking me all basic questions I told him last time. But now Im wondering. Maybe he is too shy to mention this and should I say something? Also Im kind of wondering how he cannot remember me. :D

So I matched this guy in Tinder and apparently he dont remember me but we went out on a date less than one year ago. We talked now like several weeks in the app and now he asked for my number. He is asking me all basic questions I told him last time. But now Im wondering. Maybe he is too shy to mention this and should I say something? Also Im kind of wondering how he cannot remember me. :D

The joy of consumerism applied to dating... do you remember the specificities or your last soda compared to the one you drank one week before ?

Maybe you changed your picture ? :lmao:

• Like 1

Possibly he doesn't remember because he contacted so many girls?? And no, it's not because of shyness LOL.

Just say to him "hey, I remember you....we talked...." and see what he says.

• Like 3
  • Author
The joy of consumerism applied to dating... do you remember the specificities or your last soda compared to the one you drank one week before ?

Maybe you changed your picture ? :lmao:

Not sure what that soda has to do with anything. But I do remember all the guys I have gone out with. :o

• Author
Possibly he doesn't remember because he contacted so many girls?? And no, it's not because of shyness LOL.

Just say to him "hey, I remember you....we talked...." and see what he says.

I think so too. :D

But now its just too awkward to mention this. I should have said something weeks ago. Lol.

I'd say something asap!

What happened the first time you met? I take it there was no first date to follow on from the first meet?

I think so too. :D

But now its just too awkward to mention this. I should have said something weeks ago. Lol.

No it's not too late. You can either pretend that you just realised....or tell him you were seeing how long it would take him to realise.

I am sorry, but WHY are you in communication with someone you've already dated and with whom it didn't work out?????

This is curious...I don't use Tinder, but did it match you two or you him or him you?

• Like 4

OK so maybe you ended up liking him and him not liking you the last time? you still like him and is the reason why you continue communication? so now your two are going to meet again and you are nervous as to what is going to happen? So you come here asking us whether you should say something to avoid being rejected again on the date? You do whatever you want to do. There is no telling what the outcome will be. Nothing is gained if you don't take risks......

I get women from online who flaked on me last min. or just stopped talking to me message me like 6 months to a yr later acting like they don't remember me and interesting in meeting up for a date.

I mention we already tried that and you flaked.

Then they insist I must be thinking of someone else and we never talked and they would never do that to someone.

Yeah, they did do that and it was a massive turn-off.

Honestly, if they would just apologize for flaking on me i'd give them a second chance.

Yet i've had at least 10 women do this to me and not a single one would acknowledge it.

Even the one who messaged me on facebook claimed she didn't know me.

So, you are telling me that just based on my profile pics and endomondo logs from my dog walking/biking/ ect.(the only thing visible to public)

You just HAD to message me, a total stranger and ask them out for a drink?:confused:

• Like 1

What happened the last time you were in communication? Apparently not much. If that's the case, no point in bothering.

For the record, I was on a dating website a while back and I met this guy on it. I thought he was a slobbering, socially awkward idiot and I told him I was not interested. About a year later he contacted me with the same intro message on the website and I said "I already met you last year. I am not interested, thank you." And I got a third message from him of introduction. I blocked him.

I get women from online who flaked on me last min. or just stopped talking to me message me like 6 months to a yr later acting like they don't remember me and interesting in meeting up for a date.

I mention we already tried that and you flaked.

Then they insist I must be thinking of someone else and we never talked and they would never do that to someone.

Yeah, they did do that and it was a massive turn-off.

Honestly, if they would just apologize for flaking on me i'd give them a second chance.

Yet i've had at least 10 women do this to me and not a single one would acknowledge it.

Even the one who messaged me on facebook claimed she didn't know me.

So, you are telling me that just based on my profile pics and endomondo logs from my dog walking/biking/ ect.(the only thing visible to public)

You just HAD to message me, a total stranger and ask them out for a drink?:confused:

phineas. This situation is different. The OP actually MET this guy less than a year ago. In person.....it didn't work out. She wants to meet him after it didn't work out....

• Like 1
For the record, I was on a dating website a while back and I met this guy on it. I thought he was a slobbering, socially awkward idiot and I told him I was not interested. About a year later he contacted me with the same intro message on the website and I said "I already met you last year. I am not interested, thank you." And I got a third message from him of introduction. I blocked him.
Unfortunately, most dating sites don't maintain long term contact logs. Last time I used Match, it only maintained contact history for around a month or so. Thus, it's very easy to message the same women multiple times. I blame the dating sites for this. If Amazon can tell me I bought a specific product back in 2002 when I look at that product's page, a dating site should tell me I messaged a specific woman a year ago.
phineas. This situation is different. The OP actually MET this guy less than a year ago. In person.....it didn't work out. She wants to meet him after it didn't work out....

I missed that part.

Hmm. op does not state why there was no second date.

it would help if we knew who made that decision.

• Like 1
I missed that part.

Hmm. op does not state why there was no second date.

it would help if we knew who made that decision.

Agreed. I am also curious if the OP changed her pics or he did? I have mistakenly "favorited" profiles b/c the pics and the in some cases, the profile names had been changed or a new one created. I could see how he would not remember if there was a dramatic change in pics and profile. There are pics of the same person that look so different that you wouldn't think that they were the same person.

Anyway, good question.

OP, it sort of sounds like you were the one wondering why this guy didn't ask for a second date, no?

• Author

People make kind of lot of assumptions here.

:)

But last year we match in Tinder and changed numbers and had nice date. Then we didnt meet again because we were busy and he left for travelling for holidays.

I am not sure if he wanted to meet me again or not. But I kind of told him off.

I am not sure if I want to meet him again because Im kind of thinking he is more on the ****boy side than boyfriend side.

Mostly I have been waiting on him saying something like how we have met already or show his cards like what is it that he is looking for.

I havent asked him out. Im not afraid of his rejection. He send me messages and asked for my number.

• Author
I am sorry, but WHY are you in communication with someone you've already dated and with whom it didn't work out?????

This is curious...I don't use Tinder, but did it match you two or you him or him you?

Why not? :D We went on one date. Big deal. I have been to dates with some guys. Didnt work out. And later on we continued as friends. Oh and he super liked me.

But last year we match in Tinder and changed numbers and had nice date. Then we didnt meet again because we were busy and he left for travelling for holidays.

I am not sure if I want to meet him again because Im kind of thinking he is more on the ****boy side than boyfriend side.

Mostly I have been waiting on him saying something like how we have met already or show his cards like what is it that he is looking for.

I havent asked him out. Im not afraid of his rejection. He send me messages and asked for my number.

Why not? :D We went on one date. Big deal. I have been to dates with some guys. Didnt work out. And later on we continued as friends. Oh and he super liked me.

OMG. Another poster who thinks we can read his/her mind. Ack! How were any of us to know any of this???? So, what is the purpose of your post??? Should you tell him that you've met before...YES. NO. Whatever you want to. You didn't sound impressed with him then.....back to my first post...

WHY are you contacting someone with whom it didn't work out?!:o

• Like 2
  • Author
Agreed. I am also curious if the OP changed her pics or he did? I have mistakenly "favorited" profiles b/c the pics and the in some cases, the profile names had been changed or a new one created. I could see how he would not remember if there was a dramatic change in pics and profile. There are pics of the same person that look so different that you wouldn't think that they were the same person.

Anyway, good question.

OP, it sort of sounds like you were the one wondering why this guy didn't ask for a second date, no?

Yes I have / had new pics. He didnt. But no such dramatic change. I dont think it was by mistake since we have been talking. If i match someone by mistake i unmatch them. Im not wondering why he didnt ask for 2nd date.

• Author
OMG. Another poster who thinks we can read his/her mind. Ack! How were any of us to know any of this???? So, what is the purpose of your post??? Should you tell him that you've met before...YES. NO. Whatever you want to. You didn't sound impressed with him then.....back to my first post...

WHY are you contacting someone with whom it didn't work out?!:o

I wasnt expecting anyone to read my mind. :D It was simple question. If I should say something or not in other peoples opinion.

I wouldn't say anything and wait until you meet (again) in person, then watch his reaction.

But then I don't do OLD so I wouldn't really mind wasting a bit of time on a funny prank.

If you told him off then clearly he was doing something that you did not like. So what's the point in going out with him again? Especially when he is not acknowledging the fact that you have already been out before?

Either he's a complete idiot or he wants to use you. I imagine if he really liked you and wanted things to work out, you would have heard from him via phone call or text, not via tinder as a match.

• Like 1