Back to Online Dating again...had my 1st date tonight......

jenny5309

...and it went weird....

Hi All.. I am new here... :)

Here is what happened... I have been talking and emailing this guy for a week and a half now, and it has been soooo exciting and fun... Dinner was nice. A few things were kind of weird to me, I guess tonight I just feel kind of self conscious thinking about it. I met him at the restaurant, he was inside before I got there. He was sitting by a window, so I am sure he saw me walk in... awkward silences, we had a few but damn he has some great stories. I felt so plain and boring having nothing much to talk back to him about. We then went to see his friends band......the scene kind of sucked, so we had one drink then we drove a 45 min ride back to the restaurant parking lot. The whole time, I didn't feel much energy from him. Which amazes me, because when we were emailing eachother, everything was much more exciting then tonight.... ....*sigh*.... So he dropped me off, and said something about how he will be accessible through email this week... I heard nothing about a phone call or even the courtesy "gimme a call" (which they never mean).... It was like I felt like I wanted to leave the truck so bad because I didn't feel like he liked me. He didn't even wait for me to get into my car and get it started before he left the parking lot either. He seemed like he wasn't into me....Not sure what to do at this point. I may follow up with him in a few days to thank him etc... I just am bummed it didn't seem like a good night. What else can I do? If anything...

Perhaps there just wasn't chemistry on a personal level.. this doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, the 2 of you didn't *Click* and that happens.

Don't sweat it.. if you wish to do anything then email him a short note saying thanks for dinner and leave it at that.

I DO think it was rude for him to not wait until you had got into your car and made sure you were good to go before leaving.. even if he wasn't into you or whatever, it was still rude.

On to the next Jenny.. don't worry that this one didn't feel right to you.

Move on and hopefully the next guy will have some better manners at the very least.

Jenny is my galpal from another board... I told her when I want cold, hard truth to come in here.

I wondered if there were men who could give us some perspective on wtf happened between great chemistry via email and then ZIP! on the date...

Jenny.....

That is perfectly normal when 2 do not click!

*giggling* I can remember 2 guys whom I met for lunch dates and wanted so bad to chew my arm off to get away from them while driving to and from the restaurant!

There just was no chemistry at all and it was awkward and all I wanted to do was be any place but there!

Email him and be honest that you felt no chemistry between the 2 of you and leave it like that!

I wish you luck in your online dating. Don't give up just because this one was not a match. I had mailed and talked to many before I found the current one and had almost said Oh hell with it! I found a gem and will fly to Reno to meet him next month!

You don't need a guy to explain it - it happens to them, too. You create an image based on the distance communication. When you meet the person, s/he either lives up to the image or not. In this case, you did not. You will meet some men who will not live up to your expectation. That's how it goes with internet meetings - same with real ones. How many people go on first dates and then never get another call? That first meeting lets you know if there's reason to continue or not.

You never know how you really feel about a person until you see them in person. I would recommend for online dates to meet the person for something quick for the first date, like lunch or coffee. That way if the date is bombing you can get out of there in an hour or less.

Originally posted by Hund1976

You never know how you really feel about a person until you see them in person. I would recommend for online dates to meet the person for something quick for the first date, like lunch or coffee. That way if the date is bombing you can get out of there in an hour or less.

hehe il take note of this. this guy i met before reeked and i couldnt get out of it.lol

WithOrWithoutYou

I honestly wouldn't bother emailing him. He can contact you if he wants, but going from the signs you described, it doesn't seem like he was very into you. Based on what you said, it really doesn't seem like you were that into him either. This happens. Don't sweat it.

If he was really super into you, he would have waited until you got in your car, and would not have said he will be accessable by email only for the next WEEK. I mean, WTF is that? Is he not going to be near a phone? If you are into someone, you want to TALK with them.

Write this one off, and move on. If he calls, and you think it might be fun, go out again - or don't if you are not into him. If he doesn't call, there is no reason for you to call or email him either.