Asking about her weight?

Otter2569

How would you go about tactfully asking a woman her weight before meeting or deciding to date?

I'm talking about OLD. Cute looking woman but only head shots in her profile pics. Ive been burned in the past. Now before some of you jump on me, I'm an athletic guy who prefers average sized women...much like women don't like shorter dudes. I am uncomfortable with someone bigger than me.

startingagain15

Ask her to send you more pictures. Do not ask about her weight. I only had a head shot at the time I met up with current BF on match. He asked me to send him a few more photos. I did, I understood he wanted to see the whole package.

But if he had come out and asked me something specific about my weight I don't think he would have heard from me again.

• Like 2
DramaInPajamas

She could send you old photos even if you ask for full body shots, so you will never know for sure.

Just meet her and if she is too big for your liking when you meet her, then you just have a nice drink, or coffee for an hour or so and then leave it there.

Everyone has tastes. Once I was sent a very nice and thoughtful message by a man who seemed to be very well educated and cultured. He only had head shots too. But the head shots gave enough away that he was very very overweight.

You could see from the size of his face and in the shots that were from mid shoulder height up, he had no neck that you could see as he has a massive double chin, and you could also see his chest area was very very wide.

I just couldnt do it. I wouldnt be sexually attracted or want to sleep with someone who was morbidly obese no matter how nice a person they were.

So I get it. But just meet her.

• Like 2

As stated you can straight forward ask for full body shots but as you and i know there is a reason why she only posts head shots. I would just get to know her and if the weight thing is really an issue then move forward and ask for more pics.

I don't get how people can't tell if someone is overweight from a head shot. Sometimes I avoid full body photos on a profile because I get tired of the pervy comments. But I do understand that you want someone you're attracted to. I still get asked for full body photos even when I post them on my profile. It's like one or three is never enough for you guys.

I think it'd be more smooth if you ask her for more photos in general and see what she sends you. This time if she only sends you cropped pictures of just her face, then guaranteed she's hiding her body for a reason.

I don't get how people can't tell if someone is overweight from a head shot.

well I tell you this, there is a chick I know who only posts head shots. Now she has a very pretty and chiseled face that would never have you think anything other than the face matching the body. But since I personally know her that girl is pretty over weight. Doesn't take anything away from her as she seems to be very pleasant to deal with. But to prove my point yet head shots at times can be very deceiving.

DramaInPajamas
I don't get how people can't tell if someone is overweight from a head shot.

I agree. I could tell from headshots that the man I spoke of was very overweight. He had a very fat, round face and a double chin.

How does her face look? Generally very overweight people dont have a slim face.

But as said earlier, even the head shots and any subsequent photos she sends could be a few years old.

Just meet her IMO.

SwordofFlame
I don't get how people can't tell if someone is overweight from a head shot. Sometimes I avoid full body photos on a profile because I get tired of the pervy comments. But I do understand that you want someone you're attracted to. I still get asked for full body photos even when I post them on my profile. It's like one or three is never enough for you guys.

I think it'd be more smooth if you ask her for more photos in general and see what she sends you. This time if she only sends you cropped pictures of just her face, then guaranteed she's hiding her body for a reason.

I've seen women with chiseled faces, but have a chubby body. And vice versa. You can't always accurately predict.

• Like 1
  • Author

Ive had a few dates that looked chubby and they turned out to be huge. Of course everyone posts their best pics but sometimes its like false advertising.

Nothing like going in for that first hug and feeling like its the Pilsbury Dough Girl LOL

SwordofFlame
How would you go about tactfully asking a woman her weight before meeting or deciding to date?

I'm talking about OLD. Cute looking woman but only head shots in her profile pics. Ive been burned in the past. Now before some of you jump on me, I'm an athletic guy who prefers average sized women...much like women don't like shorter dudes. I am uncomfortable with someone bigger than me.

You could try to find her on Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus etc. I admit I have done this when all the woman posts are headshots. I've never directly asked for full body pics because it just seems kind of tactless.

• Like 1
Sunkissedpatio

I wouldn't trust a headshot only, seems like they are hiding something.

Then again they can post a full body one from like 6 years ago when they were only chubby and turn out to be obese. I mean that is the risk of OLD.

Don't ask about her weight, yikes! Just ask if she has a full body shot. If she comes up with some lame-ass excuse about not having enough pictures, in this era of the selfie, abort mission.

But are these like, not even waist-up photos? Actually just cropped at the chin? I have a friend who is a master at making her body look smaller in photos- seriously she could teach a seminar on it. Camera angles and how to pose. Often she actually hides behind people standing next to her in the photo. I don't have the patience for all that. But I can see how guys get tricked by crafty photo skills. For women who do this- it's just wasting everyone's time. Stop it, show yourself honestly and you'll attract the guy who wants you the way you are.

Yeah, ask her how much she weighs and while you're at it ask her how old she is . . .

Studies show that women who are a little on the plump side live longer . . . . . . than the men who comment or ask about it . . .

SwordofFlame
But are these like, not even waist-up photos? Actually just cropped at the chin? I have a friend who is a master at making her body look smaller in photos- seriously she could teach a seminar on it. Camera angles and how to pose. Often she actually hides behind people standing next to her in the photo. I don't have the patience for all that. But I can see how guys get tricked by crafty photo skills. For women who do this- it's just wasting everyone's time. Stop it, show yourself honestly and you'll attract the guy who wants you the way you are.

I think women do that because they think the men will be attracted through her personality. But most men don't get physically attracted through personality like some women do.

Leave your height information off your profile. Thus, when she asks how tall you are, you have an opening to ask how much she weighs. I still don't understand why dating site profiles have specific, numerical stats for some attributes (height and age) but doesn't provide a field for weight.

• Author

Today I checked again: pics from the shoulders up. She may have big boobs but her hair was in the way (nice long hair).

Her body type was "undisclosed" = red flag #2